Why remove makeup?
It can be tempting after a long day or a drunken evening to go straight to bed without removing your makeup. But for healthy skin that will retain its youthful appearance for a long time, it is important to remove make-up properly.
Makeup clogs the pores of the skin which helps the appearance of blackheads in addition to accelerating the aging of the skin. 10 tips therefore offers you the best tips and products to properly remove make-up from the eyes and face!
1. Products to remove make-up properly
Department stores offering beauty products are overflowing with makeup remover products. Many can be used all over the face and all skin types, while others specifically target the eyes or lips, or oily, sensitive or dry skin.
Here are some of the currently popular makeup remover products:
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Makeup Remover:
This product combines the lightness of a gel with the effectiveness of a cleansing milk. Non-greasy and suitable for sensitive skin, it eliminates impurities while moisturizing the epidermis. Here it is at a great price:
Hydro Boost Makeup Remover
- Removes makeup and impurities
- Leaves the skin supple and smooth
- Non-greasy and suitable for sensitive skin
Garnier Demaq’Eyes Express 2 In 1:
Targeting the eyes and eyelashes, this product removes make-up and soothes the eye contour. It can be used as an eye makeup remover and an eyelash fortifier.
Useful for those in a hurry, or to take on a trip, make-up remover wipes remove make-up and impurities while leaving the face soft and hydrated.
Nivea make-up remover wipes are suitable for dry and/or sensitive skin.
Cotton to remove make-up:
In order to apply liquid make-up remover products, we suggest that you use cotton balls designed specifically for facial cleansing, such as Demak’Up Expert cotton balls.
Their two distinct surfaces will ensure thorough and gentle make-up removal.
Cotton to remove make-up
- Gently removes make-up and cleanses
- With cottonseed oil extract
- Ideal for the eye area
The first step in makeup removal is lip cleansing. Armed with your make-up remover cotton pads and your make-up remover designed for this part of the face, remove all traces of red from your lips.
Now turn your attention to your eyes. As the skin around the eyes is particularly sensitive, go easy on it so as not to irritate it. After soaking your cotton pad in eye makeup remover, apply the cotton pad and leave it in place for about 10 seconds. Then, the cotton is removed by rubbing the eyelid gently.
It is the turn of the rest of the face to be cleaned. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions, because some foaming products require rinsing, while milks, micellar waters and gels do not.
Depending on the products used, you may need to rinse your face well to remove all residue. Finish by applying a good moisturizer for the night.
3. Cynthia Dulude, a makeup removal tutorial
If you like watching videos and tutorials on Youtube then you certainly know Cynthia Dulude? Cynthia Dulude is a professional makeup artist but we know her above all for her many videos on Youtube!
This Quebec YouTuber offers you tips, tricks and tutorials on beauty treatments, including makeup!
Here is a video where Cynthia explains to us why it is so important to remove make-up in addition to offering us some good make-up remover products. Good tutorial!
For those who prefer to choose natural methods or who have a limited budget, there are various homemade makeup remover recipes based on all-natural products.
Here are 3 homemade recipes to remove makeup naturally:
- A honey makeup remover: Make your facial cleanser by combining 3 tablespoons of milk, 3 tablespoons of water, and 2 tablespoons of liquid honey.
- An almond oil makeup remover: For an effective and natural facial cleanser, combine 2 tablespoons of petroleum jelly, 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil and 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- A yogurt makeup remover: Just like milk, yogurt makes a very good natural makeup remover for the face. Simply apply a natural yogurt at room temperature to the skin and leave to act for ten minutes, massaging gently before rinsing well with clear water.
I also offer you this other article where you can discover other natural makeup removers: How to make your homemade makeup remover.
The skin around the eye being very sensitive and fragile, it is necessary to use the softest possible products to remove it.
Here are a few that will help remove even long-lasting, waterproof mascara.
- A coconut oil makeup remover: To remove eye makeup gently, dip a cotton ball soaked in hot water in coconut oil. Then, apply gently to the eyes, without rubbing too much, and rinse.
- An olive oil makeup remover: Olive oil makes an excellent cleansing oil. Soak a cotton ball with olive oil, then rub gently. Olive oil will remove all traces of shadow and mascara, even waterproof.
- A milk makeup remover: Boil some milk and let it cool. Using a cotton pad, gently rub the eyelids and lashes to remove makeup residue and other impurities.
6. Make your own cleansing oil
Here is a very simple recipe to create your own natural cleansing oil:
- 100ml hemp oil
- 60 ml apricot kernel oil
- 15 ml lime water
Mix everything in a sterilized and airtight glass jar. Cleanse your face and eyes with this gentle and effective oil even for waterproof mascara.
7. Aloe Vera-based makeup remover
For a natural, skin-friendly makeup remover:
- Combine equal parts aloe gel and honey.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of olive or almond oil and mix well.
- Apply to the face and massage gently, then rinse with clear water.
Now that you know how to remove your makeup, how about coming to discover my makeup tips. Here is my post: Tip for a successful make-up.