How to cool the body quickly?
In summer, it is hot and sometimes very hot, hence the importance of cooling down well to avoid heatstroke. Cold drink, ice cubes, swimming, air conditioning, all tips for cooling the body quickly.
I offer you today on 10-Trucs my own tips and tricks to cool off on hot summer days.
1. What to drink to cool down effectively?
When it’s hot and the day is very humid, it’s important to stay well hydrated to avoid overheating and heatstroke.
A large glass of cold water several times a day is what you need to drink to stay hydrated and cool during a heat wave.
If it’s hot, cold water is the ideal drink. Drink plenty when it’s hot. But to refresh yourself, you can also opt for other kinds of drinks such as
- the lemonades.
- iced teas.
- light fruit juices.
2. What are the most refreshing foods?
Do you know what to eat or rather what foods to eat to cool down as much as possible on hot summer days?
Below is a list of refreshing foods:
- watermelon or watermelon
- the cucumber
- the salad
- the tomato
3. Enjoy cold and frozen foods
One trick to cool down when it’s very hot is to eat frozen or at least very cold food.
Popsicles or popsicles are great for cooling down quickly. If you can’t buy it at the grocery store, make it yourself in a healthier version. Fruit juice or yogurt popsicles will be just as delicious.
Freeze red or green grapes and eat them in very hot weather. A refreshing little trick that’s easy to do and really good to eat too!
4. Dress light so you don’t get too hot
How do you stay cool if you dress in long, warm clothes? I understand that long clothes protect the skin from the sun, but short clothes are much better suited in the summer when it’s very hot.
So how to dress when it’s hot?
- Wear very light and loose clothing so that it allows air to pass over your body.
- Avoid dark colored clothes as they do not sufficiently reflect the sun’s rays and therefore trap heat.
- Wear clothes with lightweight fabrics like linen and cotton.
- Change clothes during the day to avoid sweat and bad smells.
5. Stay in the shade as much as possible
If you have to be outside when the sun and the heat are there, then choose the shaded corners.
Indeed wherever you are, always stay in the shade, as much as possible at least. It will be cooler and less at risk of getting heatstroke or sunburn.
6. Cool off in the pool or in the shower
If you are lucky and lucky maybe you have access to a swimming pool or even a body of water near the house?
A quick dip in the pool is certainly the best way to cool off quickly.
If not, you can always opt for a lukewarm or cold shower or bath to quickly cool the body. Of course, care must be taken not to waste too much water. But if it’s particularly hot, take regular short, cool showers.
Your body will be cold and you can stay in the shade or put yourself near a fan to stay cool as long as possible.
Why not douse yourself to cool down? Here is an article loved by our visitors: Make a sprinkler.
7. Sleep in the basement (in the cellar)
If you have a basement at home, you know how much cooler that space can be than all the other rooms in the house.
So if the temperature is very high upstairs and on the ground floor, why not improvise a small space to sleep in the basement tonight? You will sleep much better in the cool of the basement than in your bedroom upstairs, that’s for sure!
Lie down on the floor, the kitchen parquet!
And yes 🙂 why not do like your dog lying full length on the kitchen or bathroom tiles to keep cool.
8. Towels in the freezer to cool down
Another really effective trick to cool your head and body quickly is to apply a cold towel to your face, back, chest or elsewhere on your body.
Here’s how to prepare your cooling towels:
- Soak towels in water and place them in the freezer.
- Chill in the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer and apply to the body for instant refreshment.
9. Make a refreshing mist
Much like the previous tip why not make your own refreshing mist for the hot days ahead?
- Fill a spray bottle with water and add a few drops of citrus essential oil.
- Then spray this mist on the face and body as soon as you are too hot.
Do not hesitate to use the trick of cold water washcloths to refresh yourself even longer.
10. A foot bath with ice cube
Finally, one last trick to quickly cool the whole body is to soak your feet in a cold, very cold foot bath!
- Simply add water and ice cubes to a basin or directly to the tub.
- Soak your feet in it for a few seconds or minutes to feel the coolness invade your body.
Make this ice cold foot bath before going to bed and you will sleep much better even if it is very hot in the house.
For tips and tricks more specific to a heat wave, it’s here: How to survive the heat wave?