How to treat gingivitis?
Gingivitis is the earliest stage of gum disease, which can lead to tooth loss. Symptoms of gingivitis include red, swollen, inflamed gums that may bleed when brushing your teeth.
Gingivitis is common, although it is preventable. Fortunately, early symptoms of gingivitis can be easily treated at home. Here is how it is possible to treat gingivitis naturally and quickly!
Tips and remedies to relieve gingivitis:
1. Good oral hygiene to prevent and treat gingivitis
It’s no secret that the best way to prevent and treat the onset of gingivitis is to practice exemplary oral hygiene. It is not enough to brush your teeth once or twice a day for a few seconds!
Indeed, a good brushing of teeth must be done twice a day, last at least 2 minutes, and according to the good technique. Also, floss as often as possible because the toothbrush cannot go between the teeth.
In addition to good hygiene, pay attention to what you eat and drink. A healthy diet will also affect the health of your mouth.
Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a soft bristle brush. Replace the brush every three or four months.
To properly brush your teeth:
- Hold the brush at a 45 degree angle to your teeth and gums.
- Gently push the brush back and forth in short strokes.
- Clean all areas of your teeth.
- Tilt the brush vertically to brush the inner surfaces of your front teeth.
3. Treat gingivitis with baking soda
Your first weapon to cure gingivitis is baking soda. Indeed, baking soda reduces plaque buildup, reduces bleeding gums as well as inflammation.
As a rule, harmful bacteria prefer an acidic mouth. As baking soda also works by neutralizing an acidic pH in the mouth, it will help turn your mouth into a hostile place for harmful bacteria.
You can simply sprinkle some baking soda on your toothbrush and brush your teeth, or dilute it in a small glass of water and make a mouthwash.
Whether it’s for this trick or for our many other baking soda tips and remedies, here are some good quality ones at a good price:
Baking soda food
- Food Grade Grade Bicarbonate
- Ideal for your homemade toothpaste recipe
- For a multitude of tips and tricks
4. Food supplements against gingivitis
Certain vitamins can help you prevent gingivitis. Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C and D are vitamins to prioritize and are found naturally in a few foods including:
- dried legumes
- whole grains
If it is easier for you to take them in the form of supplements, talk to your pharmacist who will be able to direct you to the right products.
Minerals are also important for oral hygiene and ensuring you have strong teeth. Let’s think about:
Coconut oil has properties that will help you fight the bad bacteria that cause gingivitis.
Take a teaspoon of coconut oil in your mouth, organic as much as possible, and make a mouthwash for a few minutes and spit it out.
Repeat this treatment twice a day to quickly relieve gingivitis! For those who wish to test this natural trick against gingivitis, here is organic coconut oil at the best price:
Organic coconut oil
- Pure and 100% organic coconut oil
- For treatments and recipes
- TOP quality price
6. Treat gingivitis naturally with grapefruit
Grapefruit seed extract is a natural antibiotic. To treat gingivitis here is what to do:
- Dilute 20 drops in a glass of cold water
- Rinse your mouth 3 times a day with this solution until the health of your gums improves.
- Then, do treatments a few times a week to avoid a recurrence.
7. Seawater mouthwash for gingivitis
Salt water is ideal for inflamed gums due to gingivitis. Sea salt mouthwashes help
- Eliminate the accumulation of food between the teeth
- Reduce inflammation and pain
- Reduce harmful bacteria and improve bad breath
To relieve gingivitis quickly, wash your mouth with salt water after brushing your teeth. A simple trick that will help prevent gingivitis and mouth problems.
Hydrogen peroxide is another effective remedy for gingivitis. Here’s how:
- Dilute a capful of hydrogen peroxide in the equivalent of 10 capfuls of water
- Soak your toothbrush in it and brush your teeth well with this solution
- Rinse your mouth with the remaining liquid for a few minutes
Not only will this help cure your gingivitis, but this trick also improves your breath by destroying the bacteria that cause it.
9. An Aloe Vera mouthwash against gingivitis
Aloe has soothing properties that will be useful in case of gingivitis. In mouthwash, aloe will help treat and relieve symptoms of gingivitis. Plus, it will help you heal wounds in your mouth faster.
You can also apply Aloe Vera gel directly to your gums for quick pain relief.
10. Mint to cure gingivitis naturally
Mint has very effective anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. To get the most out of it, chew fresh mint leaves. A good natural tip against gingivitis that will also give you better breath.
You could also dilute a few drops of peppermint essential oil in coconut oil and make a mouthwash that you spit out after a few minutes.
11. A recipe with essential oils against gingivitis
Certain essential oils can help you effectively and quickly treat gingivitis. Here is a recipe for a homemade mouthwash:
– 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
– 5 drops of tea tree essential oil
– 2 cups of spring water
Shake the container to mix the oil with the water. Rinse your mouth with a small amount of this solution for 30 seconds. Then spit.
Relieve gingivitis, visitors also liked:
How to scale your teeth at home? To avoid teething problems, it is important to take care of your mouth and teeth. Here’s how to do teeth scaling yourself.
How to remove yellow from teeth? Have your teeth been a little yellow for some time? Come and discover our tips and tricks to put an end to your yellow teeth!