How to remove a drool stain easily? Why is baby drooling so much? This is an excellent question to which unfortunately there is not much answer except that it is normal for a baby, quite simply.
A stain of baby saliva on a sweater, scarf, pillow or stuffed animal, 10-Trucs presents 10 tips for removing a saliva stain.
1. Remove a fresh saliva stain
If the saliva stain has just occurred, it is easy to remove this stain with a little cold water and simply rubbing with a dry cloth.
You can also use a little clear club soda for even more effective cleaning of drool on a sweater.
Finish by tossing the garment in the washing machine with the next load of dirty laundry. There’s no need to send it right away since you’ve already scrubbed the stain with soda and water.
And for a saliva stain on a doggie what do we do?
If you are looking for the best tips for cleaning baby’s stuffed animals and comforters, it’s here: How to clean a stuffed animal?
2. Drool stains on baby clothes
A baby drools a lot, so it’s normal to have to clean and scrub your little one’s clothes more.
So if baby’s clothes are stained and encrusted with saliva, we have a solution for you. Here’s what to do to clean everything up:
- Soak the stained garment in white vinegar for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then rinse the garment and finish cleaning in the washing machine.
3. Baking soda and lemon juice
The homemade recipe of baking soda with lemon juice is also very effective in removing saliva stains. Here’s how to do this trick:
- Sprinkle baking soda over the stain to completely cover it.
- Pour a little lemon juice on the stain and the baking soda and leave to act for a few minutes.
- Scrub well to clean the saliva stain. You can use your fingers or a soft brush to avoid damaging the fabric.
- Rinse and finish with a normal cycle in the washing machine.
Be careful because if you leave this mixture on the garment for too long, it may damage it. You have been warned!
4. Marseille soap works wonders even for saliva!
Marseille soap is really great for removing a multitude of stains including drool stains from clothes, sheets and pillows.
You simply have to let the Marseille soap act on the saliva stain for about 20 minutes before sending it to the washing machine.
The real Marseille soap
- This Marseille soap is ideal for doing laundry at home and for removing stubborn stains from clothes.
5. A little dish soap on the saliva stain
If you are looking for a way to clean a stubborn and old drool stain, dish soap can be a good solution. Here’s how:
- Pour a little liquid dish soap directly on the stain and leave for a few moments.
- Take a clean, dry cloth and gently rub the stain.
- Rinse garment or pillowcase and finish with regular machine cleaning.
6. Clean an old drool stain
It is difficult to remove an old saliva stain that is already well embedded in clothing, a pillow or other objects. So if you have tested all our cleaning tips and tricks offered in this guide then here is a very last one.
You can soak the drool-stained garment in Oxyclean or a similar laundry product. (a product specially designed for VERY stubborn stains)
If this trick does not completely overcome the saliva stain then it may unfortunately be impossible to make it disappear.
If baby loves your breast milk a lot then I highly recommend reading these anti stain tips and tricks: Remove a breast milk stain.