How to remove a lipstick stain?
Lipstick can easily stain clothes and other fabrics. Whether it’s our scarf, our sweater collar, shirt collar, our coat and more! But how do you effectively clean a lipstick stain?
10-trucs.com offers you in this article our best tips and tricks for removing a lipstick stain.
1. Remove a lipstick stain with Marseille soap
Have you ever heard of Marseille soap? Available in liquid form but more often in blocks or cubes, Marseille soap is very popular when it comes to home remedies and home stain removers.
Here’s how to use this natural soap to remove lipstick:
- Soak the lipstick stain with lukewarm water.
- Moisten the Marseille soap a little and gently rub the garment and the stain.
- Rinse the fabric and clean the garment in the washing machine to complete the cleaning.
Good result guaranteed with all kinds of stains. If you don’t have Marseille soap at home here is some at the best price:
- Ideal as a natural cleaner and stain remover
- Also useful for skin and hair
- TOP quality price!
2. Lipstick and glycerine stain
Did you know that glycerin is a product that can be used to remove lipstick stains from clothing and other fabrics? Here’s how to use this product on a stained garment:
- Soak the lipstick stain with a little glycerine.
- Rub gently with a clean cloth or a soft brush to make the product penetrate well.
- Leave on for 5 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Finish with a cleaning in the washing machine.
For larger lipstick stains you can dilute the glycerin with water before soaking the stain on the garment.
This grandmother’s remedy is also very effective in removing coffee stains, chocolate stains and certain fruit stains.
3. A lipstick remover with baking soda
WHAT you don’t have baking soda at home! This natural product is a must for household chores at home in addition to being useful for removing bad odors.
Here is how to remove lipstick from clothing with baking soda:
- Sprinkle and cover the lipstick stain with baking soda.
- Soak a cloth in white vinegar and gently rub the lipstick.
- Rinse and scrub again with a little liquid soap.
- Finish cleaning the stain with a normal washing machine cycle.
Buy baking soda online and at the best price here:
- Detaches, descales and deodorizes
- Effective anti-stain product
- Ideal for laundry
This trick is also effective for other makeup products as you can read in this other article: How do you remove foundation from clothing?
4. Hydrogen peroxide to remove lipstick
Hydrogen peroxide is a product that can be very effective in cleaning a multitude of stains, including lipstick stains.
Nothing could be simpler, just soak a cloth in hydrogen peroxide and dab the stain to quickly remove it. Remember to rinse and clean the garment in the washing machine to complete the cleaning.
You can also use this liquid to remove grass stains, red fruit and vegetable stains, rust stains and even to remove mold stains.
WHAT you still don’t have hydrogen peroxide at home?! It’s so practical that 10-trucs.com offers it here at a great price for fast delivery at home.
- Removes stubborn stains
- Heals wounds and scratches
- Bleaches hair
5. Rubbing alcohol as stain remover
Another product that can be used to remove lipstick stains from fabric and other surfaces is rubbing alcohol.
- Soak the lipstick stain with methylated spirit or rubbing alcohol.
- Leave on for a few moments and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Finish with a normal cycle in the washing machine to remove all traces of rubbing alcohol
To avoid damaging the fabric, it is better to soak a cloth in rubbing alcohol and simply dab and rub the stain gently.
6. Use soda crystals
A grandmother’s recipe based on water and soda crystals to quickly remove lipstick from fabrics, are you interested?
Here’s how to perform this simple cleaning trick:
- Mix a little water with soda crystals to form a paste
- Spread the mixture directly on the stain and rub to dislodge all the lipstick
- Rinse and finish cleaning the garment in the washing machine.
Whether it’s for this tip or for other grandmother’s tips and remedies, here are soda crystals at a low price:
- Removes dry grease stains
- Cleans and removes tartar
- TOP home cleaner
7. Use a non-greasy makeup remover
Another miraculous trick to quickly remove a stain of lipstick on the collar of a shirt is to use a make-up remover.
- Dab the lipstick stain with a little oil-free makeup remover.
- Leave to act for ten minutes on the fabric
- Rinse and put in the washing machine to complete the cleaning.
8. Remove a lipstick stain from a glass
Removing a lipstick stain from a glass is not too complicated, but you have to act quickly before the stain dries any further.
Here are some solutions to quickly get rid of this stain on a glass.
- Scrape the lipstick with a spoon or a fork.
- Rub the dry stain with a little salt.
- Rub lipstick with a piece of lemon.
- Rub the stain with rubbing alcohol.
9. Remove lipstick with butter… Yes yes!
I’m sure you’ll find this grandma trick a little hard to believe, but it works really well. Indeed, butter can be used to remove a fresh lipstick stain from clothing.
Here’s how to pull off this butter-based cleansing trick:
- Slightly heat the butter to make it softer.
- Spread the butter on the lipstick stain and rub the butter in.
- Leave to act and then add a little liquid detergent and scrub again.
- Finish cleaning the stain with a wash in the washing machine.