How to erase a scratch on the glass?
If you have just noticed small scratches on the surface of the glass, there are effective tips and products to make them disappear. Of course if the scratches are very deep it may be rather complicated to remove.
10-Trucs therefore explains some tips and tricks for removing scratches on windows and other glass surfaces.
1. Thoroughly clean the glass surface to begin with!
No matter what trick or product you are going to use to remove scratches, the very first step is to clean the entire surface of the glass cabinet.
Indeed, take the time to clean the surface of the window, table glass or other glass objects before trying the tips below.
It is important to remove all dirt, dust and other residue on the glass to clearly see the scratches.
2. Toothpaste to remove scratches from glass
I offer you as a first tip that of toothpaste, but not just any, white paste toothpaste.
Simple and effective against superficial scratches here is how to use it:
- Once the surface has been thoroughly cleaned, apply toothpaste to the glass.
- Rub with a soft, dry cloth the surface where the scratches are.
- Use a new, clean, dry cloth to remove toothpaste residue.
- Repeat as needed if scratches are still present.
This toothpaste trick is effective for removing light scratches on a glass table or even on the lenses of glasses.
In addition to reducing scratches on glass, toothpaste can be used for many other things as can be read in this article: Things to do with toothpaste.
3. Erase scratches with baking soda
And yes, baking soda is still used in this article to erase or at least soften scratches on glass.
A bit like toothpaste here is how to achieve this other trick:
- Mix baking soda with water to form a dough that is neither too firm nor too soft.
- Apply the paste to a sponge or cloth and gently rub the glass.
- Remove excess with a new, slightly damp cloth.
Be careful with the baking soda not to make the mixture too abrasive and thus accentuate the scratches on the surface of the glass.
To discover all the possible tips and tricks to do with this product, quickly read this article: How to use baking soda?
4. The clay stone is also effective
Another natural product that you can use to erase or at least lessen scratches on glass is clay stone.
Frequently used on our tips and tricks site, here is how to use clay stone on glass:
- Impregnate a sponge or a soft cloth with clay stone and make circular movements.
- Scrub more on deeper, more visible scratches.
Whether for this tip or other tips on our site, here is a quality clay stone at a low price:
natural silver stone
- Natural and quality clay stone to clean and shine everything at home.
- Respectful of the environment, this cleaning product will be very useful to you.
To know all the other tips and tricks to do with this stone, visit this other article: Silver stone.