How to erase acne scars?
Acne breakouts are frustrating no matter how old we are, but so are the scars that acne can leave! The good news is that acne scars can be treated to eliminate them or at least reduce them.
10-trucs.com presents in this article the best natural remedies and treatments to remove acne scars.
1. The different types of scars
There are different types of acne scars, and before treating them, it is necessary to identify them well. Atrophic scars are more common on the face. An atrophic scar creates a depression in the skin. They form when not enough collagen is produced during wound healing.
- Hypertrophic or raised scars, are more common with chest and back acne. They appear above the surface of the skin and are caused by excess collagen during healing.
- Acne can also leave dark spots. This discoloration left after a pimple has disappeared is not a scar. Purple, red or brown marks will usually fade on their own.
Before beginning any treatment for acne scars, it is important to be seen by a dermatologist. This specialist can help you determine the best method to reduce the appearance of your scars and also ensure that the marks on your skin are in fact scars and not a skin disease.
2. Treatments for acne scars at the dermatologist
If you have easy access to the services of a dermatologist, they can offer you some effective treatments to make your acne scars disappear:
- Dermabrasion: One of the most effective treatments for acne scars, this treatment uses a wire brush to deeply exfoliate the top layer of skin.
- The chemical peel: A chemical peel is achieved through a strong acid that is used to remove the top layer of skin to reduce the appearance of deeper scars.
- Laser resurfacing: Just like chemical peels and dermabrasion, laser resurfacing removes the top layer of skin. This treatment generally has a faster healing time than other resurfacing treatments.
Other treatments are also offered by dermatologists, including various filler injections or even minor surgeries for some more serious cases.
3. Treat acne scars at home
If for some reason you prefer to treat your acne scars yourself, there are a variety of medicated treatments available over the counter that you can try.
However, if you have sensitive skin, consult a dermatologist or your pharmacist before using these anti-scar products.
Alpha hydroxy acids
Alpha hydroxy acid creams are among the most popular, and readily available over the counter. These gentle acids exfoliate the outer layer of skin to help remove discolorations and soften rough skin.
Topical retinoids are another acne treatment that has a smoothing effect on scars. In addition to accelerating cell regeneration and improving skin texture, retinoids can also help reduce discoloration and diminish the appearance of scars.
Salicylic acid cleans pores, reduces swelling and redness, and exfoliates the skin when applied topically. It is considered one of the best treatments for acne scars.
4. Natural solutions to treat acne scars
Many will prefer natural solutions to heal themselves, and the same goes for treatments for acne scars. Although these solutions may take longer for acne scars to disappear, with a little patience they can help improve the appearance of your skin.
aloe gel: thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, aloe gel could help you in the treatment of your acne scars. Apply directly to scars and leave on for 30 minutes before rinsing.
Aloe Vera Gel
- Soothing and natural Aloe Vera
- Moisturizing and nourishing for the skin
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
Baking soda: if your scars are shallow, use baking soda as an exfoliant. To do this, wet your face then apply it by rubbing gently with your fingertips and rinse with lukewarm water. For those with sensitive skin, it is best to do this treatment only once a week.
Rosehip oil: having the ability to reduce the appearance of stretch marks and scars, rosehip oil can be applied as a night care.
- Moisturizes, nourishes and reduces scars
- Helps against scars and stretch marks
- For skin and hair
Fresh lemon juice: the whitening effect of lemon will be useful for those who also have dark spots caused by acne. Soak a cotton swab in fresh lemon juice and apply it to the stains. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse.
5. Homemade skin toner recipe
Take advantage of the exfoliating effects of tomato and the anti-inflammatory effects of cucumber by making your own toner to treat acne scars.
- In a blender, add a whole tomato and half a cucumber.
- Operate the mixer until a liquid consistency is obtained.
- To use the toner, apply it using a cotton ball to the affected skin.
This simple little homemade recipe is really effective in reducing acne scars and other skin and face problems.
6. Homemade mask to treat acne scars
How about a natural remedy to remove acne scars? This natural mask will help you reduce acne scars in addition to improving the appearance of your skin.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons of goat’s milk
Mix all the ingredients well and apply the mask on the skin of your face. Leave on for 15 to 30 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
Repeat the treatment every day for at least a week for a good result on the scars.
7. Honey and aspirin mask
As aspirin contains salicylic acid, it can be used to treat acne scars. In addition, by reducing it to powder, it can be used to exfoliate your skin.
- 2 aspirins
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- A few drops of water
Here’s how to achieve this natural acne scar treatment:
- Reduce the aspirins to a powder, just fine enough to benefit from an exfoliating effect.
- Add honey and a few drops of water to make a paste.
- Apply to the skin by rubbing gently, leave to act for fifteen minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.