How to remove a pen stain? Your 4-year-old child thinks he’s Picasso and unfortunately your beautiful fabric sofa is now stained with blue pen?
Above all, don’t panic too quickly, it is possible to remove a ballpoint pen stain. 10 Tips therefore offers you tips and tricks for removing a pen stain.
1. Pen stain and lemon juice
Did you just stain a white cotton garment with a pen? Above all, don’t panic because we offer you here a grandmother’s recipe to quickly remove this ugly stain. Here’s how:
- Soak pen stain with lemon juice
- Leave to act and then dab the stain and the surrounding area
- Hand or machine wash to finish.
This anti-stain trick is especially effective for removing recent pen stains. You can also use the lemon juice to get the ballpoint pen off on other surfaces and furniture around the house.
2. Remove a pen stain with warm milk
If you don’t have lemon juice in the fridge then here is another effective tip for removing ballpoint pen from fabric. It’s hot milk, did you know this anti-stain tip? Here’s how:
- Boil milk in a saucepan
- Rub pen stain with warm milk
- Make circular movements so as not to damage the fabric
- Rinse with lukewarm water to finish
It is important to be very careful not to burn yourself with the hot milk. Also, it is important to remove all traces of milk to avoid the unpleasant smell of milk drying on clothing.
3. Alcohol and vinegar for a ballpoint pen stain
Another old-fashioned remedy for removing ballpoint pen from fabric is to use alcohol and vinegar. Here’s what to do to detach everything:
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons of alcohol at 90 degrees.
- Rub the pen stain with this mixture.
- Finish with a warm water cleanse.
Be careful not to use this trick on cotton and other delicate fabrics. Also be careful with colored fabrics so as not to discolor them.
Video of another homemade recipe for removing pen from fabric:
I am now sharing a video that shows you step by step how to remove ballpoint pen from fabric. For this other cleaning hack you are going to need:
- isopropyl alcohol
- absorbent paper
- some water
- Marseille soap.
4. Pierre d’Argile, an effective anti-stain product!
The clay stone is a really very useful product to have at home to clean everything and even protect it at the same time. So whether it’s to remove a ballpoint pen stain on a floor or furniture, clay stone is a natural anti-stain product to have at home.
You can also use this clay-based stone to wash hobs, shoes, garden furniture, brass, stainless steel, copper and many other surfaces and materials.
5. Remove a ballpoint pen stain from jeans?
Did you just stain your favorite jeans with a ball point pen? Above all, don’t panic, we know a good trick to help you clean everything up quickly.
Indeed, hairspray is a product that can be used to remove ballpoint pen or other stains from jeans. Here’s how:
- Spray hairspray on the pen stain
- Then soak with a paper towel
- Finish with a cleaning in the washing machine
- Repeat as needed for more stubborn stains
This anti-stain trick is effective even on fine fabrics. This trick is also suitable for leather, which must then be regenerated by rubbing it with baby oil, for example.
For other stubborn stains on jeans I recommend reading these other tips: Removing a stain from jeans.
6. A pen stain on a piece of furniture?
Did you just make a nasty pen stain on a wooden piece of furniture? Sandpaper, if used well, can be a good solution for removing ballpoint pen furniture and other stubborn stains, such as paint stains.
- Gently rub the stain with the abrasive paper (sandpaper)
- Polish the surface again and varnish if necessary
You can also check out this other article for other tips for detaching wood: Clean dirty and stained wooden furniture.
If the wood absorbs the ink from the ballpoint pen, you may need to rub more to completely remove the ink stain from the wood. If, on the other hand, the wooden furniture is varnished, a simple cloth with alcohol at 70 degrees should be sufficient to remove all traces of the pen.
Do you have sandpaper at home?
To sand wooden furniture or for any other DIY work at home, here is a complete sandpaper kit including more than 40 sandpapers of different grades on Amazon.
- 『Gyvazla Sandpaper Assortment』 Including 3 sheets of each grit in…
- 『Wet and dry use』 The sandpaper is made of silicon carbide and electro-coated;…
- 『Cut size to your need』 The size of the polishing sandpaper is 9 x 3.6 inches;…
- 『Wide Applications』 Gyvazla grit wallpapers can be used in…
7. Ballpoint pen stain on leather
If you still can’t completely remove the ballpoint pen stain from leather, whether on clothing or a leather sofa, then we have another trick to help you.
Indeed, for small stains on leather you can use rubbing alcohol in this way:
- Mix 1/3 cold water to 2/3 rubbing alcohol
- Spray on the pen stain and leave to act
- Rub the leather with a soft cloth
- Repeat if stain persists
This trick based on water and methylated spirit is only effective on leather clothing and furniture. For stains even tougher than a ballpoint pen, try our hairspray trick.
8. Special ox gall soap… Yes yes!
Have you ever heard of ox gall stain remover soap? It is a very powerful stain remover and is very effective against a multitude of stains including grease, grass, blood, ink and therefore ballpoint pen stains.
Before using this type of stain remover, it is best to test it on a small invisible area of your garment to be sure that it does not damage or discolor the fabric. 10 Tips offers you below a soap with ox gall, olive oil and orange peel available on Amazon right here:
Ox gall stain remover soap
- Powerful natural stain remover for textiles
- Powerful, economical and ecological
- Detaches clothes, sofas, tablecloths, carpets, etc.
9. Remove a pen stain from satin
If you need to get a pen stain out of satin fast, we have the perfect grandma’s recipe for you! Vinegar and rubbing alcohol, that’s all you need.
- Mix equal parts vinegar and rubbing alcohol
- Apply to pen stain and leave to act
- Rub gently with a cloth
- Blot and rinse to finish cleaning
This cleaning tip can also be used to remove stains from silk fabric.
10. Remove a pen stain from wallpaper
Have you just come back from work and you are amazed to notice an ugly pen stain on your pretty wallpaper in the dining room?
Above all, don’t panic, there are a few effective solutions for cleaning style stains or felt stains on this type of surface. Here is the best tip:
- Use a simple white eraser and rub the stain gently.
- You can also use bread crumbs to dry clean the pen stain.
Do not press too hard with the eraser to avoid damaging the wallpaper.
Of course, if the wallpaper is washable, you can simply use soapy water or a little water with white vinegar added.
Take the opportunity to replace your old wallpaper!
Why not instead take the opportunity to change your old wallpaper to put a new design wallpaper? If you like abstract art as well as design patterns and colors, the IZOA company offers you a large selection of design wallpapers.