How to remove stretch marks naturally?
Whether on the buttocks, thighs, stomach or hips, stretch marks affect a lot of people, both women and men. Pregnancy, weight gain, growth, several possible causes of stretch marks!
I propose in this article some best tips to remove stretch marks naturally and effectively.
1. What are stretch marks?
Stretch marks are long, thin lines or streaks that develop on the surface of the skin. They appear when the skin is suddenly stretched and are extremely common.
On the thighs, buttocks, stomach…
Anyone can develop stretch marks, although they tend to affect more women than men. They can occur on various parts of the body, including the stomach, thighs, buttocks, hips, chest, upper arms, and lower back.
Why do I have stretch marks on my body?
This type of scarring occurs when the skin cannot return to its normal shape after a period of intense growth, often due to pregnancy, weight gain, weight loss, or puberty (rapid growth). Did you know that More than 50% of women have stretch marks during pregnancy.
2. Moisturize your skin to avoid stretch marks
Although stretch marks are often caused by a change in the body, it seems that improving the hydration of your skin can prevent them from appearing and even make them disappear over time.
Make a habit of applying a good moisturizer or skin ointment twice a day to diminish the appearance of stretch marks.
Drink plenty of water every day!
To prevent and help remove stretch marks naturally it is also important to drink plenty of water. By plenty of water, I’m talking about 1.5 to 2 liters of water a day, which is the equivalent of about 8 glasses of water.
Hydration of the skin is certainly the best way to avoid having stretch marks, but also to help you have beautiful smooth and soft skin.
3. Sweet almond oil to remove stretch marks
A first natural trick to remove stretch marks is the use of sweet almond oil.
Sweet almond oil is indeed an excellent alternative to stretch mark creams sold in stores and online. Sweet almond oil is natural, fragrance-free, moisturizing and is very well absorbed by the skin.
- Heat a little sweet almond oil in the palm of your hands (by rubbing your hands together).
- Apply and massage the surface of the skin where there are stretch marks (belly, buttocks, thighs, etc.)
Repeat every day to succeed in reducing the appearance of stretch marks, but also to properly hydrate your skin.
If you don’t have this anti-stretch mark oil at home, here’s a popular one online:
Sweet almond oil
- 100% natural sweet almond oil for the skin.
- Natural solution to deeply moisturize the skin.
- Effective in preventing pregnancy stretch marks.
4. Castor oil against stretch marks
Another oil that must absolutely be used in the prevention of stretch marks, but also to fade them is castor oil!
To prevent pregnancy stretch marks:
During pregnancy, castor oil can be a good ally to prevent the appearance of stretch marks on the skin. You can therefore apply it regularly to your stomach, thighs, hips, chest and elsewhere on the body. Castor oil will help the skin maintain its elasticity throughout pregnancy.
To fade stretch marks:
Whether after pregnancy, weight gain or loss or otherwise, castor oil can also help fade and gradually remove stretch marks on the body. Just apply it directly to the stretch marks and after a few weeks the stretch marks will be less visible and pronounced.
- Organic, pure and natural castor oil.
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks naturally.
- For smooth, soft and hydrated skin.
5. Grandma’s Remedy for Stretch Marks
If you like to test grandmother’s recipes and remedies then here is one to make with cocoa and shea butter.
- Slowly melt 1 tablespoon of shea butter and another of cocoa.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of vitamin E oil and mix gently.
- Leave to cool in a container of your choice and apply to stretch marks after bathing or showering.
The 3 ingredients of this remedy naturally hydrate, repair and heal the skin. A good trick to succeed in removing stretch marks.
6. Carrot essential oil to remove stretch marks
Did you know that carrot essential oil can be used to remove or rather diminish the appearance of stretch marks on the body?
Indeed, thanks to its regenerating, anti-wrinkle and declerosing properties, carrot essential oil will be beneficial for you against stretch marks. It is used topically, like any moisturizing oil or as a cold compress.
Please note that this carrot essential oil should not be used if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. It is also not recommended for babies and young children.
7. An avocado mask for stretch marks
Now here is a recipe for a homemade avocado and lemon mask to erase stretch marks naturally and effectively.
Here is the recipe for the mask that you can apply 2 to 3 times a week on the areas affected by stretch marks:
- Mix 1/2 avocado with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Apply the mixture directly to the stretch marks and leave on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water to finish and repeat twice a week.
For a better result against stretch marksyou can also add a little coconut or sweet almond oil to the other ingredients.
8. Grandma’s trick to reduce stretch marks
Here’s a grandma’s recipe that seems to work well for the women I’ve told about this stuff!
Inexpensive and above all natural, here is how to make this recipe:
- Lather an egg white in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of aloe vera.
- Mix the 2 ingredients well and apply the mixture on the stretch marks with a soft brush.
- Let the mixture dry on the skin for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse.
You can also use castor oil instead of aloe vera to do this trick.
9. A little potato juice on stretch marks
Another easy and free home trick to remove stretch marks naturally is to use potato juice.
An easy trick to do, but above all effective:
- Use a juice extractor (centrifuge) to extract the juice from a few potatoes.
- Apply with a brush the juice on the stretch marks and let dry on the skin.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and repeat 2-3 times a day to naturally fade stretch marks.
10. A massage to remove stretch marks
Finally, to continue along the lines of the other tips and tricks on this page, massage is an excellent solution against stretch marks.
Whether in prevention or to remove stretch marks, you simply have to massage the different parts of the body with an oil. So morning and night, use one of these oils to massage your thighs, stomach, hips, and other parts:
- Sweet almond oil
- Castor oil
- Argan Oil
- Coconut oil
- Jojoba oil