How to remove the callus on the feet?
Having calluses on your feet is completely normal. Rough skin, cracked foot, thick skin, I agree with you it’s not very aesthetic, but the real problem is that it can become painful over time.
To help you, I offer you some good tips and remedies to remove calluses from your feet.
1. Remove calluses from feet with baking soda
A first home remedy to help remove calluses is baking soda. So if you have rough and thick skin under your feet here is how to do this remedy:
- Soak the feet in a basin of hot water for about ten minutes.
- Then mix 6 tablespoons with a soap or body wash.
- Scrub the feet with this baking soda paste, rinse and repeat as needed.
Repeat 1-2 times a week to prevent calluses and have smooth, supple skin under your feet.
2. Use a callus remover for the feet
Before moving on to the next tips and grandmother’s recipe, did you know that it was also possible to use a manual or electric grater to remove calluses?
In fact, to successfully remove and prevent calluses on the feet effectively and easily, it may be beneficial to use both one of our remedies and this foot tool.
electric foot file
- Eliminates corns and calluses under the feet.
- Removes dead skin and softens the skin.
- For effortlessly soft and smooth feet.
3. Vaseline to prevent calluses and dry feet
Another grandma’s trick that works really well against calluses and dry skin on the feet is petroleum jelly.
Thanks to its regenerating and softening properties, Vaseline helps soften the skin of the feet, but also of the hands. Vaseline is particularly effective in preventing dry skin in winter.
- Apply a thick layer of Vaseline on and under the feet.
- Put on socks and let the Vaseline sit on your feet overnight.
- The next morning, scrub your feet with a damp cloth and soap to finish.
Vaseline is a great trick to soften the calluses and corns under your feet. Finished the horn!
4. Miracle remedy to remove calluses from feet
The footbath is another trick you absolutely have to try… But not just any footbath!
- Fill a basin with hot water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 4 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Soak your feet for 15-20 minutes to soften the skin well.
- Use a pumice stone or foot file to remove callus and remaining dead skin.
You can repeat this foot bath once or twice a week to prevent and avoid having calluses under your feet.
pumice stone for feet
- Quickly removes all dead skin.
- Effectively eliminates the roughness of the feet.
- For smooth and soft foot skin.
5. Naturally remove the callus with apple cider vinegar
A 100% natural remedy to try at home to remove and prevent calluses is apple cider vinegar.
- Fill a basin with an equal amount of warm water and cider vinegar.
- Soak your feet in the solution for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the feet from the basin and finish with the pumice stone.
You can also add a handful of coarse sea salt. This trick will help relax the skin of the feet in addition to eliminating the callus.
6. Vegetable oils to soften calluses
If you are looking for a natural remedy to soften calluses and thus put an end to corns on your feet, then vegetable oils are the solution!
How to use oils on your feet?
Rub your feet daily with castor oil or jojoba oil. You can also apply it before going to bed, under the socks for example.
If the skin of the feet is very dry and cracked in winter, in cold weather, then vegetable oil is a really effective solution to prevent dry feet.
Other effective oils and products to do this trick:
- shea butter
- sweet almond oil
- apricot oil
- coconut oil