How to remove the smell of vomit in a room? Whether it’s the smell of vomit left by a person or an animal, it’s never pleasant, especially since the smell can easily get worse.
If you smell vomit everywhere in your home, here are some easy tips to quickly get rid of that bad vomit smell!
1. Smell of vomit and baking soda
To succeed in eliminating all the smell of vomit it is important to clean each of the small stains and traces of vomit.
Baking soda is a product that will help clean and remove that bad vomit smell. Here’s how:
- Remove excess vomit with paper towels.
- Clean with a cloth and soapy water to remove everything.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the vomit-cleaned spots (cover well).
- Leave to act for 1 hour (minimum) and vacuum everything up.
The bad smell of vomit should quickly disappear with this trick of baking soda.
Removing the smell is one thing, but above all you have to clean it well. Come and read our tips and tricks right here: How to remove a vomit stain?
2. Homemade recipe against the smell of vomit
I offer you my personal anti-odor recipe which can be effective against the smell of vomit in a house.
Here’s how to prepare this anti-odor spray:
- Add hot water to a spray bottle.
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Add 5 drops of lemon essential oil
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Spray the liquid where the stains were to deodorize the room.
This trick can be used both as a disinfectant and deodorizer in the house but also to eliminate bad odors in the car.
3. Remove the smell of vomit in a car
It’s not uncommon to have to pick up, clean and deodorize a car because of a sick person… It’s disgusting on top of vomit in a car.
Here is how to clean and eliminate the smell of vomit in the car:
- Remove as much vomit as you can with paper towels.
- Pour soda water to thoroughly soak the vomit stain and let it work.
- Meanwhile mix water and white vinegar in equal quantity.
- Rub the remaining vomit stain with this water and vinegar solution.
- Rub again with a clean, slightly damp cloth.
- Fill one container with baking soda and a second with white vinegar and leave in the car all day or night.
The white vinegar container and the baking soda container will absorb and deodorize any vomit smell in the car. You can also use this trick in a room of the house
4. Remove vomit smell from clothing
When you’re sick, gastro for example, it’s hard to avoid vomit stains on your clothes isn’t it!!!
Here’s how to get rid of the smell of vomit that lingers on a fabric:
- Of course we start by removing the excess vomit on the garment.
- Fill the kitchen sink or tub with warm water and add 1/2 cup of liquid laundry detergent.
- Then, soak the garment in water for 1 or 2 hours.
- End up in the washing machine to thoroughly clean and deodorize the vomit-stained garment.
A little borax added to the soaking water is also a good idea to thoroughly clean and eliminate the smell of vomit on a garment.
5. Remove vomit smell with white vinegar
White vinegar helps to clean but also to effectively remove a multitude of bad smells including that of vomit!
But to be even more effective here is how to do it:
- Take a spray type bottle and add 1 cup of warm-hot water.
- Add a cup of white vinegar and a teaspoon of 70° alcohol to the hot water.
- Spray the solution in the various places where the smell of vomit persists in the house.