How to use garlic against ants?
Are you looking for a simple, effective and quick trick to keep ants away from the house? Well a simple and free trick against ants is to use the power of garlic!
I therefore propose to you on my homemade recipe for ant repellent based on garlic. You can even use garlic on ant nests!
1. Repel ants with garlic
The strong smell of garlic is repulsive to ants and other unwanted insects in the home and garden. But the great thing about garlic as a repellent is that it’s eco-friendly and safe for animals.
Here is how to use garlic against ants:
- Arrange peeled garlic cloves along the walls and in the various places where the ants hang out.
- Crush the garlic or use potted garlic to make this trick even more fragrant and therefore more effective.
You can use this natural garlic-based repellent against ants both inside the house and outside in the garden, for example.
2. Spray a garlic solution against ants
I now offer you a recipe that will keep away ants but also aphids and even bedbugs.
Here’s how to make this natural repellent:
- Crush and chop garlic cloves (about ten) and place them in a container.
- Add vegetable oil to completely coat the garlic.
- Let the garlic macerate for 2-3 days (the longer the better).
- Then add 2 tablespoons of Marseille soap.
When you are ready to use this repellent just mix 1 liter of water with 1 tablespoon of garlic solution.
This anti ant stuff to protect plants, flowers and vegetables from ants, aphids and other unwanted insects in the garden.
3. Destroy an ant nest with garlic
If you have a nest of ants on the lawn, garlic can also be used to effectively repel them. Of course, it’s not as effective as other tricks like boiling water or a store-bought ant-killer, but it’s a good start.
Here’s how to use garlic against an anthill:
- Push about ten cloves of garlic inside the ant nest.
- Pour a little water on the nest, especially if the ground is very dry.
- Repeat several times to successfully eliminate the entire colony of ants.
Of course, as I said there are other tips and tricks against anthills, come quickly read this article: Destroy an anthill?
Share this garlic trick against ants with friends and family on your networks:
So, are you going to test this garlic-based trick against ants?