How to whiten your nails?
Nails can turn yellow for a variety of reasons, including smoking or regular use of nail polish. This nail color change isn’t very flattering, let’s face it. But if this is your case, don’t despair!
There are tips and remedies to whiten your nails at home. Here are our tips to help you find beautiful white nails.
1. Polish your nails to whiten them
If your nails are just starting to take on a slight yellow color, you can probably whiten them by polishing them. Using a nail polisher, gently scrub your nails.
Here is a nail polisher that you can use on both natural and gel nails. Very useful for cleaning nails and removing blemishes and streaks.
- Great product for beautiful nails
- Evens out nail surfaces
- Removes streaks, spots and blemishes from nails
- TOP quality price
For other products and tips for cleaning your nails, I recommend reading this other article: How to clean your nails?
Whitening toothpastes, especially those containing baking soda, will help whiten your nails in just ten minutes. Here’s how:
- After removing the polish, put the toothpaste on your nails and let it sit for ten to fifteen minutes.
- After the time is up, take a nail brush or a toothbrush to gently scrub the nails under lukewarm water.
Whitening toothpaste is therefore a simple, quick and free tip (if you already have this toothpaste) to whiten your nails at home.
A hydrogen peroxide and baking soda finger bath can be a very effective nail stain remover. To do this:
- Mix 125 milliliters of hot water with 1 teaspoon of 30% hydrogen peroxide and 1 tablespoon of baking soda in a small plastic bowl.
- Stir with a spoon until the powder dissolves into the solution.
- Soak your nails in the solution for 1-10 minutes or until the stains disappear.
- Then wash your hands with soap and apply lotion or moisturizer to your hands, as peroxide can be harsh on the skin.
4. Whiten your nails with denture cleaner
Denture cleansers can contain one of several different active ingredients, but each cleanser contains a type of active ingredient that can remove stains from hard, white surfaces.
Here’s how to properly use this cleanser:
- Begin by dissolving one denture cleanser tablet in a dish of warm water according to label instructions. Make sure the tablet is completely dissolved to get the full benefit of the cleanser it contains.
- Soak your hands in the diluted denture cleanser for five minutes.
- When finished, rinse the nails lightly with clear, lukewarm water.
- Repeat this treatment several times a week to have beautiful white nails.
5. Baking soda to whiten nails
Take advantage of the cleaning and whitening power of baking soda to whiten your nails. To do this:
- Make a paste with the baking soda by adding a little hydrogen peroxide.
- Apply to your nails and leave on for a few minutes before scrubbing and rinsing.
So whether it’s for this nail whitening trick for other baking soda tips and tricks here are some here at a great price:
- Multiple uses around the home
- Ideal for cleaning everything
- TOP quality price
6. Lemon juice to whiten nails
Lemon is very often used to make recipes and home remedies. So why not use it for nail whitening? So to gently whiten your nails,
- Rub the nails with a lemon wedge for a few minutes, or until the yellow spots disappear.
- Rinse and then apply moisturizer to your hands without touching your nails.
- Alternatively, pour enough fresh lemon juice into a bowl to soak your nails in.
- Leave your nails in the lemon juice for a few minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
Lemon juice is a natural trick that will help keep your nails very white.
7. A finger bath to whiten your nails
To make a finger bath that will whiten your nails, use lemon juice and soapy water. Remember, this is a finger bath, not a foot bath!
- 60 milliliters of lemon juice
- 250 milliliters of lukewarm water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mild liquid soap
Now here’s what to do:
- Mix the ingredients in a plastic or glass bowl
- Soak your nails in this mixture for 5 minutes.
- When you’re done, rinse your nails under running water and apply lotion or moisturizer to prevent your skin from getting too dry.
8. Whiten your nails with vinegar
nobody likes have yellow fingernails. To whiten them easily, use pure white vinegar. Vinegar is a mild acid capable of removing stains from hard surfaces such as fingernails.
To whiten your nails with vinegar:
- Pour 250 ml of lukewarm water into a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of pure white vinegar.
- Soak your nails in this mixture for 8 minutes.
- When done, rinse your nails under lukewarm running water and pat them dry.
To whiten your nails naturally and without the use of chemicals, here is a very simple recipe with lemon juice and baking soda.
- Make a paste by combining fresh lemon juice and baking soda.
- Then, apply this whitening paste on your nails, and let it act for a few minutes.
- Then, scrub with a nail brush and rinse well.
10. Salt and lemon to whiten your nails
Another natural trick to whiten your nails is to simply use salt and lemon juice. Here’s how to make this natural recipe:
- Combine salt and fresh lemon juice to make a paste.
- Apply this mixture to your nails and scrub them with a nail brush.
- Leave on for a few minutes before rinsing your nails well.
For more efficiency you can add a little baking soda to your mixture of lemon juice and salt.
You don’t have time to treat your nails to whiten them? Get yourself a white nail pencil! These pencils used by manicure specialists are easy to use and you will have white nails in no time. The ideal trick for people in a hurry like you! 😉
If you’re a fan of nail polish, the best way to prevent yellowing of your nails is to apply a protective basecoat under the polish. Also, it is strongly suggested to give your nails a break and not paint them for a few weeks.
Smokers, on the other hand, should either quit smoking entirely, or at least maintain their nails regularly to prevent yellowing of the nails.
Some fungal diseases are the cause of yellowing of the nails. If your nails take on a yellowish tint without you knowing why, consult a doctor who can prescribe an antifungal treatment.
If you have a problem with white spots on your nails, come and read our tips and tricks here: How to remove white spots on nails?