How to make ice cream in a bag?
Whether it’s to entertain your children this summer at home or simply to enjoy a good soft ice cream quickly, this simple little recipe will surely please you!
So I own you an ice cream recipe to make in a bag! Simple, quick and delicious if you get the recipe right of course! ?
1. Make-in-a-Bag Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
The first recipe I suggest is vanilla ice cream. ? This recipe is easy to make with a « ziploc » type bag.
The ingredients you need:
- Ice in small cubes.
- A cup of milk.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- 8 table spoons of coarse salt.
- 1 medium airtight bag (Ziploc).
- 1 large airtight bag (Ziploc).
Now that you have gathered all the necessary ingredients and equipment, you are ready to make your first homemade soft serve ice cream! ?
- Take the large Ziploc bag, fill it about halfway with ice and add the coarse salt.
- In the medium bag add the milk, vanilla and sugar.
- Take the medium bag and place it inside the large Ziploc bag. (be sure to close the bags tightly).
- Shake and stir the bags for about 6 minutes.
- Take out the medium Ziploc bag and enjoy your good soft ice cream. ?
Your children will be sure to ask for more! Ideal for your little ones this summer and to enjoy the beautiful warm and sunny days.
As it’s always easier with imagines, I share with you a video below that shows this technique to make your own homemade ice cream.
The ingredients or the quantity may not be the same, but in the end you will get real soft vanilla ice cream! ?
3. Ice cream recipe with ice cream and eggs
If you prefer a more conventional homemade ice cream and above all very tasty and creamy as we like them then this one will certainly please you!
List of ingredients for 6 to 8 servings of homemade ice cream:
- 10 tablespoons of white sugar.
- 6 egg yolks.
- 5 to 10 ml of vanilla extract.
- 700ml of milk.
It is important to now follow each of the steps below:
- Bring the milk to a boil and add the vanilla extract (or other flavoring to taste).
- Beat the 6 egg yolks and the sugar.
- Pour the milk directly onto the egg and sugar mixture and whisk.
- Reheat again until the mixture thickens and pour into a new container. (be careful not to burn the cream because you will unfortunately have to start over)
- Place the container with the cream directly in the freezer and when it starts to harden mix everything. (between 20 and 25 minutes are needed to start hardening)
- Once mixed, place back in the freezer and repeat the above step until the ice cream is creamy and smooth!
That’s it, your homemade ice cream is now ready to be eaten with family or friends! Good ice cream! ?