How to make homemade toothpaste?
Toothpaste is essential for good oral hygiene. Indeed, it allows to clean the teeth in addition to freshening the breath. Commercial toothpastes are certainly effective, but they contain several chemical agents that some will prefer to avoid.
Fortunately, it is possible to make your own toothpaste, from natural products. Consider clay, baking soda, essential oils, etc. 10 Tips presents some homemade recipes for a natural toothpaste.
Homemade toothpaste recipes:
1. Baking soda toothpaste
For clean and white teeth, make your homemade baking soda toothpaste with the help of these simple recipes, which you will store in a sterilized glass container.
Baking soda and water: probably the easiest recipe to make at home! Just make a paste with baking soda and boiled water.
Bicarbonate and coconut oil: these two natural products are known for their purifying and whitening properties. In a sterilized and airtight jar, combine 2 tablespoons of baking soda and a little coconut oil. To freshen breath, you can add 2 drops of spearmint essential oil.
Bicarbonate and white clay: for a whitening and purifying toothpaste, mix in 5 tablespoons of boiled water, 3 tablespoons of white clay, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 2 drops of lemon essential oil.
Bicarbonate and turmeric: In addition to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, turmeric can help whiten your teeth. Combine 4 tablespoons of turmeric, 2 tablespoons of baking soda, and 5 tablespoons of coconut oil.
To succeed in the different toothpaste recipes offered above, you will need food grade baking soda. Here it is at a great price:
2. A natural Marseille soap toothpaste
For a natural toothpaste that will clean your teeth and mouth well, mix well together:
- 1 tablespoon liquid Marseille soap
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 drops of lemon essential oil
You can also simply rub your toothbrush on a block of Marseille soap and then simply brush your teeth. Very useful when you run out of toothpaste at home.
- Natural product based on olive oil
- Helps to have whiter teeth
- Contributes to healthy gums
3. Homemade charcoal toothpaste to whiten teeth
Vegetable charcoal can help you whiten your teeth naturally. However, as it can have an abrasive effect, it is better to stick to one or two uses per week. Here is a simple charcoal-based toothpaste recipe:
- 1 teaspoon of activated charcoal
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
Gently melt the coconut oil, and add the other ingredients. Mix well. This toothpaste can be stored in a glass jar at room temperature.
Here is a coconut charcoal-based tooth whitening powder that is very popular with our visitors and Internet users. So you can use this whitening powder to make this homemade toothpaste recipe.
teeth whitening powder
- Coconut Charcoal Product
- Helps remove stains from teeth
- Helps prevent bad breath
- TOP quality price
If you are more looking for tips to have good breath then here are several practical tips and tricks right here: Help against bad breath.
4. Homemade toothpaste with green or white clay
Green clay as well as white clay is recognized for its mineralizing, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. By combining it with baking soda, you will obtain a perfect whitening toothpaste for your teeth.
The ingredients needed for this toothpaste:
- 2 tablespoons of white clay
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- 2 cloves
- 2 drops of mint essential oil
- Some water
Preparation of natural toothpaste with green clay:
- Start by mixing the clay and baking soda together.
- Add the cloves that you have reduced to powder.
- Gradually add water to the mixture, until a paste forms.
- Then, add the essential oil.
- Store everything in a sterilized jar.
For those who wish to test this clay-based toothpaste recipe, here is a quality white clay at an excellent price:
Superfine white clay
- High quality white clay
- Multiple benefits and uses
- Perfect for making your own toothpaste
5. Homemade toothpaste recipe with purifying spices
This toothpaste is made from spices with sanitizing properties:
- 30 grams of anise
- 10 grams of cloves
- 5 grams of cinnamon
- 4 drops of mint essential oil
- 50 cl of brandy
Make a small bundle with muslin or cheesecloth, and put the spices in it. Place it in a jar and add the essential oil and brandy. Leave to macerate for 7 days. Then strain and store in a small airtight jar.
6. Homemade antiseptic powder toothpaste
This powdered toothpaste is easy to make and store. It combines ingredients recognized for their antiseptic, antifungal and purifying properties. Plus, baking soda will help whiten your teeth. To use it, you just have to sprinkle a little on a damp toothbrush.
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons finely powdered white clay
- ½ teaspoon of table salt
- 2 essential drops of mint or lemon
Mix the dry ingredients well, then add the drops of essential oil. This natural toothpaste can be kept in an airtight jar for about 1 month.
7. A simple homemade toothpaste
In a small container combine the following 2 ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Mix well and use immediately.
A little homemade recipe ideal for brushing teeth but especially for whitening them faster.
8. A homemade toothpaste recipe for the pros
This recipe requires several ingredients and tools that we don’t always have on hand. But for those who want to make a natural toothpaste that still comes close to commercial recipes, it can be very interesting:
- 2 containers, one in glass and one in stainless steel
- 2 tubes for toothpaste
- silicone spatula
- Piping bag
- 100 grams of calcium carbonate
- 50 grams of xylitol
- 50 grams of coconut oil
- 40 grams of white clay
- 20 grams of vegetable glycerin
- 20 grams of demineralised water
- 10 grams of coco betaine
- 1.5 grams spearmint, lemon or orange essential oil
- Mix calcium carbonate and clay in a container
- Heat the water, coco betaine, glycerin and xylitol in a bain-marie until it is dissolved.
- Add coconut oil. Once melted, remove the bain-marie from the heat and stir in the essential oil, mixing all the liquid ingredients well.
- Gradually stir the liquid mixture into the powder mixture. Stir between each addition
- Transfer the paste to the piping bag and fill your toothpaste tubes.
Homemade toothpaste, visitors also liked:
How to scale your teeth? Do you know how to scale teeth at home? Here are several tips and products for easy and quick teeth scaling at home
How to remove yellow from teeth? Now that you know how to make homemade toothpaste, how about coming and reading our tips to get rid of yellow teeth!
What to do against toothache? Do you ever have a toothache? Come and read our tips and natural remedies to relieve toothache quickly.