How to succeed with spaghetti sauce?
Spaghetti is a classic and few people don’t like to eat a good spagh! We all have our own way of making our sauce, but sometimes a few little additions can make a big difference!
Your spaghetti sauce is good, but could be improved? So here are some tips for cooking the best spaghetti sauce!
Tips and ideas for making a good spagh sauce:
1. My spaghetti sauce recipe… You’ll love it!
Here we love to eat a good spaghetti with homemade sauce from time to time! It’s definitely one of my favorite meals, especially when accompanied by a good baguette with melting bristles… Yum Yum! ?
- Start by dicing celery, carrots, peppers, yellow onions and white mushrooms.
- Brown a large package of ground beef in a large pan and then add all the vegetables and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Add to a large saucepan 2 large cans of tomato juice, a large can of diced tomatoes, a can of tomato paste.
- Heat all the ingredients in the pan and then add the ground beef and vegetables and continue cooking for about an hour.
This recipe can be made very well in the slow cooker. For other recipe ideas here is an article to discover: The best easy slow cooker recipes.
Adding my secret ingredient while cooking… El Ma Mia brand spaghetti sauce spices and seasoning. This is my secret to making the best spaghetti sauce!
Now that you know how to make the best sauce, come and discover our tips for cooking your pasta: How to cook good pasta?
2. Ricardo’s Best Spaghetti Sauce
If you are from Quebec or even elsewhere in the world, you undoubtedly know Chef Ricardo!?
I’m not going to transcribe his entire sauce recipe here today, but here are some ingredients you’re going to need:
- Italian sausage meat
- lean ground beef
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
- beef broth
- and several other ingredients
Just by looking at the list above, we can clearly see that we are totally elsewhere in terms of spaghetti sauce recipes, aren’t we!
To discover all the ingredients and steps of this sauce, it’s here: Ricardo Spaghetti Sauce.
3. Basic steps to make spaghetti sauce
If you are looking for the basic steps to cook a first spaghetti sauce, then here they are. Of course you can add or eliminate some of the steps according to your tastes!
- Some basic ingredients for your spagh sauce: Have on hand several good ripe tomatoes, onions, a clove of garlic, olive oil and fine herbs.
- To cut the vegetables: Start first by washing and cutting the vegetables well and then place them in a large cauldron. Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the vegetables: Cook your vegetables for 30 minutes. Be careful not to overcook your vegetables, they must remain crispy a bit.
- Make the sauce homogeneous (to taste): Once cooled, pass the vegetables to the blender in order to have a homogeneous substance. This step is really to taste. You can save large chunks of vegetables if you prefer for your spaghetti sauce.
- Caring for Garlic: Peel and chop the garlic and brown it in a pan with a little olive oil. Then pour your tomato mixture on top. Your spaghetti roll is starting to look like something very appetizing.
- Add meat to your spaghetti sauce: For more taste and consistency, you can add a little or a lot of ground beef to taste. Nothing better for a good comforting spaghetti sauce.
- Season your spaghetti sauce well: A spaghetti sauce must be well seasoned. Find your own spice mix to concoct a very personalized sauce!
- Add a little sugar to the sauce: If you want a sauce that is a little sweet and less acidic because of the tomatoes, you can add a little sugar to it. This sugar trick is perfect for having the best spaghetti sauces.
- Add other vegetables: Let yourself go! You can add all the vegetables you want! Mushrooms, peppers, carrots, celery and more!
- Gratinate your spaghetti to taste: Do not hesitate to garnish your sauce with cheese once poured over your favorite pasta!
Making a good spaghetti sauce is good, but do you know how much dough to prepare? Quantity of spaghetti per person.
Do you find your spaghetti sauce a little too runny? A spaghetti sauce should not be too liquid because you risk losing all the taste and aromas of vegetables and seasonings.
Bring the sauce to a boil!
The easiest way to successfully thicken a tomato meat sauce that is too runny is to simply bring it to a boil for a few minutes.
If you want other tips for recovering a sauce that is too liquid, I recommend this article: How to thicken a tomato sauce?
Bonus Tip ?
Do you have stained plastic containers at home from your spaghetti sauce? If so, we just published an article to help you recover a tupperware stained with tomato sauce! Good reading!