How to remove a milk stain from fabric and other surfaces? It’s not always easy to remove milk stains! Children have the annoying habit of spilling it on the carpet, the fabric sofa and without forgetting the clothes. The milk if it is not cleaned quickly will give off a very bad smell!
Spilled milk on the sofa, the carpet or on the floor is common here with my 2 boys! Here are my tips and tricks for removing a milk stain easily.
It is not very complicated to remove a milk stain from a fabric like cotton.
- Start by simply soaking up the liquid with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Then rub the milk stain with a soft cloth and a little warm water.
- Finally, put the garment in the washing machine as usual.
For an old milk stain that is dry and encrusted on fabric, you can use 70° alcohol.
Here’s what to do to remove that milk stain:
- Apply a few drops of 70° alcohol to a cloth and gently dab the stain until it disappears.
- Then rinse the fabric with a new damp cloth and put the garment in the washing machine.
2. Milk stain on a fabric sofa
Oops… Has a spilled milk incident on your beautiful fabric sofa just occurred? Above all, don’t panic, but be careful, you have to act quickly and quickly remove this milk stain from the sofa!
So here’s how to clean up that spilled glass of milk on the sofa:
- Use a paper towel (paper towel) to soak up as much of the milk as possible on the fabric.
- Dampen a clean cloth with warm water and wring well before rubbing the milk stain.
- Dry the sofa fabric with a soft, dry cloth (you can also use a hair dryer on a low setting to speed up the drying of the sofa).
Use carpet and upholstery cleaner!
To be sure to remove all the milk stains and avoid the bad smell of dried milk, using a real cleaning product may be a good idea. Here is one here designed for deep cleaning of textiles:
Mir Carpet Carpet
- Cleaner for rugs, carpets and upholstery
- Deep cleans textiles and fabrics
- Sanitizes, cleans and revives colors
Do you have a microfiber couch?
If your couch is microfiber I recommend reading these other handy tips and tricks: How to detach a microfiber sofa?
3. Remove a milk stain from carpet and mattress
If the milk has just been spilled on a carpet or worse on a mattress, the Terre de Sommières is a product to be tested!
Here’s how to do this trick:
- Quickly sprinkle the earth of Sommières on the still liquid milk (the earth of Sommières will absorb the fat of the milk)
- Leave to act for 30 minutes and remove the soil from Sommières.
- Rinse the remaining stain with warm water and a clean cloth.
- Dry the mattress thoroughly to finish cleaning the stain.
You can use this natural product for a multitude of cleaning and anti-stain tips and tricks around the house.
For those who wish to test the trick of Terre de Sommières here is some below at the best price on Amazon.
Land of Sommieres
- Great dry stain remover
- Ultra absorbent properties
- Neutralizes even bad odors
You can also use this natural trick to loosen a tablecloth. Several other tips and tricks to discover by following this link: How to clean a tablecloth?
4. Remove a breast milk stain from fabric
Breast milk unfortunately tends to stain even more than milk sold at the grocery store. But lucky for you, baking soda can help clean it all up.
Here is how to use baking soda on a breast milk stain:
- Mix baking soda with lukewarm or slightly warm water.
- Form a paste with the mixture and apply to the milk stain.
- Rub with a cloth or even your fingers and rinse the fabric to finish.
If you are looking for a way to remove a milk stain from a doggie, I suggest you read this other article: How to wash a stuffed animal?
A cloth and soapy water is often enough to clean a milk spill on a leather sofa.
For a gentler treatment of a stain on leather, try the cleansing milk trick. Here’s what to do:
- Dampen a soft cloth with facial cleansing milk.
- Dab and gently rub the area with the cleansing milk.
In addition to cleaning the leather, the cleansing milk will improve the appearance of your sofa by nourishing it in depth.
6. Remove a milk stain from hard surfaces
Whether it’s a recent or old milk stain, here are some tips and tricks for cleaning hard surfaces.
Milk stain on granite: Apply a little black soap to the milk stain. Then, using a cloth and warm water, rub well to completely remove the stain.
Milk stain on marble: Pour a little bleach onto a cloth and gently dab the milk stain. Then wash the stain with a sponge soaked in black soap and rinse well.
Stain on brass: Simply scrub the milk stain with soap and water. Rinse and polish the brass with a chamois leather.
Stain on copper: Rub the stain with steel wool soaked in oxalic acid. Then rinse and polish the copper surface as usual.
7. Eliminate sour milk (curd) odors
If, in addition to a stain, the smell of sour or curdled milk has permeated your carpet, furniture, mattress or even your car, baking soda is the solution!
- Sprinkle the area to be treated with baking soda liberally.
- Let the baking soda act for a few hours or even better overnight.
- The next day, vacuum to remove the baking soda and the bad smell of sour milk.
The use of baking soda is very popular in our homes and for those who love grandmother’s remedies.
- For home maintenance and cleaning
- Super cleaning agent and multi-stain
- The product to have at home