How to cure nail fungus naturally? If you suspect you have nail fungus, it is important to find out for yourself and act quickly so as not to make the situation worse and risk seeing your nail deteriorate quickly.
I present in this article tips and remedies to naturally treat nail fungus. Don’t forget to consult a health specialist if the condition of your nails deteriorates!
Nail mycosis or rather onychomycosis is a fungal infection that manifests itself in the foot but more specifically in the big toe and its nail.
Here are the main symptoms of nail fungus:
- White and yellow spots all over the toenail surface.
- Nail thicker and peeling off in places.
- Crumbling of the nail surface
The only way to really know if it is a fungus of the nail is to consult a health specialist in order to pass a mycological examination.
2. Treat nail fungus with black seed oil
Oils are generally very good allies for treating and calming certain problems. So do you know black cumin oil?
- Simply apply a little black cumin vegetable oil to your nail using a cotton swab.
- Apply this oil 2 to 3 times a day for 2 to 3 weeks depending on the severity of onychomycosis.
For more effectiveness against this fungal infection you can add 2 drops of palmarosa essential oil to 1 teaspoon of black cumin oil.
3. A natural remedy for nail fungus
All the tips and natural treatments offered in this article are exclusively for fungal infection of the nail of the foot, of the toe.
I therefore offer you a grandmother’s recipe made with several essential oils. This recipe is both antifungal and antiseptictherefore ideal for combating this small fungus responsible for this discoloration and crumbling of the toenail.
Mix the following oils in a small airtight container (vial):
- 25 drops of clove essential oil
- 25 drops of tea tree essential oil (from tea tree)
- 25 drops of palmarosa essential oil
- 2 teaspoons of nigella oil
Thoroughly mix all the oils together and apply using a cotton swab to the nail to be treated.
It is important to do the treatment morning and evening for 3 to 4 weeks to treat and eliminate nail fungus.
4. Baking soda paste as a remedy
Another natural remedy to calm and reduce nail fungus is baking soda. Less effective than the oils trick above, baking soda can still slow the progression of this nail infection.
Here is how to make this baking soda remedy:
- Mix baking soda with a little water to form a malleable paste.
- Apply the paste to the diseased nail and leave to act and dry for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the nail, dry and repeat morning and evening for several days.
You can use this trick with the remedy of essential oils to cure onychomycosis even faster.
5. Garlic to eliminate toenail fungus
Another 100% natural thing that seems to be very effective in calming and even completely curing nail fungus is garlic.
Indeed, did you know that garlic contains antifungal properties that can help treat the fungus responsible for nail fungus?
Here’s how to make this grandmother’s remedy:
- Crush one or two cloves of garlic.
- Add a little white vinegar and mix well.
- Apply the mixture on the infected nail.
- Cover the nail and the toe and leave to act for 2 hours.
- Repeat every day until the mycosis disappears.
Now that you know how to remove a fungus from the nail, discover some tips and simple actions to prevent this fungus.
Here are some tips against nail fungus:
- Have short, unbroken fingernails.
- Thoroughly wash feet, toes and nails daily.
- Wear cotton socks as much as possible.
- Spray an antiperspirant spray if your feet sweat a lot.
- Dry feet thoroughly before putting on socks and shoes.
- Avoid walking barefoot
Now that you know how to cure a mycosis, come and discover our other tips on foot health: How to have beautiful feet naturally?
If you know any other nail fungus tips and remedies, come and share them in the comments! Thank you!