How to get rid of pimples on arms?
There are several causes for pimples appearing on arms: acne, keratosis pilaris, as well as infected hair follicles or clogged pores. The appearance of these unsightly pimples can be embarrassing for many, but fortunately, there are ways to eliminate them. Here are some tips to get rid of pimples on your arms.
Tips and tricks for pimples on arms:
What causes pimples on arms?
- arm acne : It is not unusual to see a rash of pimples appear on the arms, a condition sometimes called arm acne. A pimple appears when one of the skin’s pores or sebaceous glands become blocked or infected with bacteria, excess oil, or hair. This causes inflammation and a small head of pus to form as your body fights the blockage.
- keratosis pilaris, meanwhile, can also cause pimple-like bumps on your arms. It is caused by a buildup of keratin, which then blocks the hair follicles. Hair gets trapped below the surface of the skin, contributing to inflammation that produces small red bumps on the skin. Keratosis pilaris is thought to be hereditary and usually appears within the first 10 years of life. However, it can worsen during adolescence and then decrease in intensity once in adulthood.
- Folliculitis: A white and purulent pimple can be a sign of folliculitis, a superficial inflammation of the hair, or hair follicle. It is usually infectious, and its causes are mainly bacteria or fungus.
- Itching: On the other hand, the sudden appearance of pimples on the arms, accompanied by itching, can be caused by an allergic reaction, an insect bite, hives and many other skin diseases. If in doubt, consult your doctor who will be able to make the correct diagnosis.
Wash your arms with a mild soap:
While they cannot completely prevent or cure the condition, some methods can reduce the size and longevity of pimples. Some doctors suggest washing your arms twice a day with mild soap and warm water, but avoid rubbing as this can make the condition worse.
Over-the-counter products that contain benzoyl peroxide may also help. Benzoyl peroxide is an antibacterial that sloughs off dead skin cells, reducing the chances of blockages. However, this ingredient can lead to dry skin problem.
Never pinch pimples!
Also avoid pinching your pimples, as this can worsen your condition and create a permanent scar on the surface of the skin of the arms, but also on the face, back and elsewhere on the body.
Keratosis pilaris is not a serious condition and usually goes away in adulthood. However, some treatments can help reduce your symptoms. Make sure your skin doesn’t get too dry by taking warm rather than very hot baths and showers. Gentle exfoliation can help, as well as using a lotion containing salicylic acid, which removes dead skin cells.
As dry skin can make the problem worse, be sure to moisturize your skin well after bathing or showering. Coconut oil is a great option as it can also help diminish the appearance of pimples caused by keratosis pilaris. Besides being hydrating, coconut oil has anti-inflammatory and itch-relieving properties.
The usual treatment consists of taking antibiotics if it is of bacterial origin, or antifungals if it is caused by a fungus. If you prefer a drug-free approach, you could try washing the affected area twice a day with antibacterial soap. Avoid rubbing too hard, and just as gently pat dry. Warm, moist compresses can also help reduce inflammation.
In order to prevent folliculitis, friction with clothing and the formation of ingrown hairs should be avoided as much as possible by exfoliating the skin of the arms regularly, moisturizing it well and being careful to shave in the direction of the hair growth if you do. are a follower. Above all, avoid bursting the pustules! This could make the infection worse.
Cure arm acne and folliculitis naturally with clay
- clay mask : A clay mask has antibacterial and purifying properties. After cleansing your skin, apply a paste made of clay and a little water. Let the mask dry, then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Tea tree essential oil : To disinfect the pimples on the arms, you can also tap them gently with essential oil of tea tree using a cotton swab. Then leave on for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing. Do this after cleaning the affected area. Tea tree essential oil will help eliminate inflammation-causing bacteria.
- Zinc oxide : Among the natural products that could help treat pimples on the arms caused by acne or folliculitis, you will find the ointment based on zinc oxide as well as the cream based on lanolin, which have anti-aging properties. -inflammatory and antiseptic. In addition, zinc oxide ointment will help protect inflamed skin.
- colloidal silver is another natural product that could help you cure pimples on arms. It is effective against both bacteria and fungi. Simply apply a few drops to the affected area and cover with a bandage. Do this treatment twice a day, until complete healing.
- aloe gel also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, it will help reduce the burning sensation and pain, while keeping the skin hydrated. To use it, just apply it twice a day.
Buttons on the arms, visitors also liked:
How to remove pimples on the legs? In addition to having pimples on your arms, do you also have them on your legs and thighs? Here are our tips for quickly making pimples disappear on the legs.
How to remove pimples on the back? Now that you know how to remove small pimples on your arms, how about discovering our tips and tricks to eliminate pimples on your back?