How to get thicker hair naturally?
Your hair is thin, difficult to style and you want to thicken it without resorting to chemical treatments? Although there is no way to change the texture of hair follicles, there are many natural tips and tricks that we can employ to make hair thicker and reduce hair loss.
10 Tips offers you below tips and natural remedies to thicken your hair! Happy reading 🙂
1. Thicken hair with eggs, an effective recipe!
Are you one of those who likes to test grandmother’s recipes and remedies on occasion? If so, did you know that the protein in eggs can help your hair grow stronger and look thicker?!
So here’s how to make an egg-based hair thickening mask:
- 1 or 2 eggs, depending on the length of your hair
- 1 tablespoon of argan oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply to your damp hair
- Leave on for 30 minutes then rinse with lukewarm water and shampoo to finish
This treatment can be done up to twice a week to help thicken hair naturally.
2. Thicken fine hair with castor oil
Castor oil is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids. It is therefore the ideal ingredient for thickening and accelerating hair growth naturally. Here’s how to make a treatment mask:
- Mix equal parts castor oil and coconut oil
- Gently heat the two oils, then apply the mixture to your hair.
- Cover your head with a damp, warm towel and leave on for 1 hour
- Shampoo to complete the treatment
Castor oil for hair
- High quality oil 100% organic, pure and natural
- Ideal for hair and eyelash care
- Stimulates hair growth
3. Thicker hair with more volume with avocados
To add body and volume to your hair while hydrating it and giving it a vitamin E boost, try these 2 avocado hair mask recipes.
First recipe for your hair:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Mix all the ingredients well, and apply to damp hair. Leave on for 30 minutes, then rinse and shampoo.
Second recipe for thick hair:
- 1 ripe avocado
- A little mayonnaise
Mash the avocado and add a little mayonnaise to obtain a creamy paste. Apply to damp hair, cover with a shower cap or plastic wrap and leave on for 30 minutes before rinsing.
These two grandmother’s recipes will help give your hair more volume to make it thicker, naturally.
4. Thicken your hair with coconut oil
Coconut oil will help restructure your hair, give it body and deeply hydrate it. Here is how to use coconut oil on your hair:
- Melt enough to cover your hair
- Apply coconut oil from root to tip.
- Cover your hair with plastic wrap or a shower cap and leave on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and shampoo to finish.
What, you don’t have coconut oil at home? Whether for your beauty care or even for the kitchen, here are some at the best price:
Extra virgin coconut oil
- Quality coconut oil and 100% organic
- Ideal for your home remedies for hair
- Ideal care for curly hair
5. Henna to thicken hair
Did you know henna powder can help you thicken hair faster? Here’s how to make this mask recipe for thick hair:
- Mix enough water with neutral (colorless) henna powder to make a paste that will resemble yogurt in consistency.
- Let the mixture sit overnight.
- The next morning, add a raw egg and two teaspoons of fresh lemon juice to it.
- Apply to your hair, and leave on until the mixture has completely dried.
- Rinse well, then shampoo to finish.
6. Rinse water to thicken hair
This rinse water to use after shampooing will help your hair look thicker in a natural way. You need only 2 ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 liter of water
Boil for a few minutes, then strain and let cool. After shampooing, simply wet your hair with this oatmeal water to help your fine hair grow thicker naturally.
7. A banana mask to thicken hair
The banana will help you hydrate your hair and give it body in addition to providing it with a good dose of the vitamins it needs.
For this grandmother’s recipe you need:
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Now here are the steps for this hair mask:
- Mash the banana and add honey and oil to it
- Pour enough milk to obtain a creamy paste
- Mix well then apply on your dry hair.
- Cover your hair with a cap or plastic wrap and leave on for 30 minutes before rinsing
A natural and effective trick to quickly thicken your fine hair.
8. Clay mask to thicken fine hair
Choose a type of clay suitable for your hair. Dilute the clay with lukewarm water and apply to your wet hair. Leave on for fifteen minutes before rinsing and shampoo.
Prefer powdered green clay mixed with water for better results on your fine hair.
9. Grandma’s recipe with beer to thicken hair
Mix one glass of beer and two glasses of water. Apply to your hair and massage your scalp. Leave on for a few minutes before rinsing.
This recipe may indeed seem strange and even weird but it really seems to work for thicker hair.
10. A few tricks for hair that looks thicker
10-trucs.com now offers you a few tips to get hair that looks thicker!
- Trim the ends of your hair regularly
- Opt for a slightly degraded cut
- Don’t wash your hair every day. 3 times a week is enough
- Take advantage of each shampoo to massage your scalp well, to stimulate hair regrowth
- Dry your hair in the cool air of the dryer, head down
- When drying, swell the roots with a volume spray
- Brush your hair 3 times a day, only when dry
- Pamper your hair by treating it at least once a week
- Improve your diet: hair needs certain nutrients to be healthy including protein, zinc, iron, vitamins A, B and E, and essential fatty acids
- Add a spirulina supplement to your diet, as it promotes the synthesis of keratin and improves the nature of the hair.
11. To avoid when you have fine hair
Here are some products and habits to avoid if you have fine hair:
- Hair products containing sulfates and silicone
- Extreme temperatures, including heat from irons and dryers
- Wash your hair more than 3 times a week
- Brush hair when wet
- Chlorine from swimming pools or spas.