How to stop having dry hair? Egg-based remedy, sweet almond oil, shea mask, all effective tips for dry hair.
In this article, I present to you some of the best tips and remedies for dry hair.
1. Moisturizing your dry hair is important
No matter the trick or the remedy, dry hair is the result of a lack of moisture! Poorly hydrated hair will quickly become dry, dull, brittle and damaged.
This is why they must be well nourished and hydrated. Using moisturizing and nourishing products so that your hair is supple and shiny in appearance is undoubtedly the best solution.
Dry hair is much more prone to static! Here is another article to check out: How to remove static electricity from hair?
2. Vegetable oils against dry hair
Did you know that it was possible to make an oil bath to make your hair less dry?
Here are oils that can deeply nourish the hair:
- sweet almond oil
- jojoba oil
- Castor oil
- coconut oil
- avocado oil
Here are the steps to perform this trick:
- Apply sweet almond oil or other oils of your choice all over the hair.
- Then wrap your hair in a large bath towel and leave on for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse the hair with water and finish with a shampoo suitable for your hair type.
With this vegetable oil-based trick, your hair will be soft, shiny and above all much less dry!
3. Make a shea hair mask
Shea butter is another natural product that you can use to stop dry hair or at least prevent hair dryness.
Shea is a natural and effective moisturizer for hair and skin.
Here is how to apply Shea to your hair:
- Apply a little shea butter from the tip to the root of the hair.
- Leave on for a few hours or better all night.
- Rinse and finish with a mild hair shampoo.
Thanks to Shea butter your hair will be soft, silky and your hair much less dry.
4. Egg remedy for dry hair
If you like home remedies then here is one to try based on egg:
- Take an egg and separate the white from the yolk.
- Then add a tablespoon of water to the egg yolk and beat everything by hand until you have a creamy mixture.
- Then take the egg white and whisk it vigorously.
- Mix the two substances and apply it on your wet hair.
- Make it well absorbed and then rinse your hair with warm water.
Thanks to this natural trick your hair will be much less dry than before.
5. Homemade mask recipe for dry hair
Another homemade and natural hair mask is to use honey and vegetable oil. Here’s how to make this hair mask:
- Mix equal parts sweet almond oil and pure honey (you can use olive oil if needed).
- Add an egg yolk to the mixture.
- Apply to all hair and leave on for 1 hour.
- Rinse and wash the hair with a shampoo suitable for dry and fragile hair.
6. Mayonnaise for very dry hair
Do you like grandmother’s remedies? So here is a remedy to make with mayonnaise… Yes yes, mayonnaise! ?
- Take 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise and heat it until it turns into oil.
- Apply the oil to dry, unwashed hair.
- Wear a shower cap and leave on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse and wash the hair with a mild shampoo.
No matter what trick you try, it’s important to let your hair air dry. Do not use a hair dryer.
7. Be careful with heated hair appliances
Heating appliances such as hair dryers or straighteners can attack and damage the hair over time.
If you have fragile and fine hair you are more likely to have dry hair than others. It is therefore absolutely necessary to avoid the use of:
- hair dryer
- hair straightener
- curling iron
- heated brush
To dry the hair prefer the open air and to straighten or curl the hair prefer a gel or a smoothing or curling spray.
8. Protect your hair from the sun and the wind
Certain external elements can also be the cause of dry hair. This is the case of the sun and the wind!
Indeed the sun and the wind attack the hair and can cause it to become very dry quickly. So when you go out in the sun, protect your hair well with a hat or avoid too long exposure.
If you are looking for other hair tips and masks then I recommend reading this other article: How to use green tea for hair?