How to remove a carrot stain? Carrots are good for your health but can also stain the skin and fabrics, including that beautiful white garment you hold so dear!
If you have a baby, you also know how much carrots can stain don’t you! ? Here are some great tips and tricks to help you easily remove a carrot stain. Happy cleaning!
1. Alcohol at 70° for a carrot stain
The first trick to use to remove a carrot stain from baby clothes or other fabrics and clothes is 70° alcohol.
Super easy here is how to use it to detach this garment:
- Mix 70 degree alcohol with equal amounts of water.
- Dampen a cloth with the solution and gently rub (dab) the carrot stain.
- Rinse and machine wash baby’s garment on a regular cycle.
Always test stain removers on a small area of the garment or fabric to avoid damaging and discoloring it.
Alcohol at 70° or 90°?
For a « very » stubborn carrot stain on clothing or even on a carpet, you can replace 70° alcohol with 90° alcohol, which will be more powerful.
2. Remove a carrot stain with vinegar
Vinegar is our 2nd best natural trick for removing a mashed carrot stain from clothing. Here’s how to properly clean that orange stain:
- First thing to do is to remove the excess stain or carrot puree with a utensil.
- Then soak the stain with white vinegar and leave to act for 1 minute.
- Dab the stain with a cloth also soaked in vinegar.
- Place and then wash the garment in the washing machine to finish cleaning the stain.
To discover all our tips and tricks with white vinegar, I invite you to follow this link: What to do with white vinegar?
3. Clean the carrot stain with soda crystals
Another product that can be easily found and that can clean stubborn stains such as a carrot stain is soda crystals!
If baby’s bib or clothes are stained with cooked carrot puree, here’s what to do:
- Remove the excess carrot puree with a knife (be careful not to rub and encrust the stain even more).
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 cup of hot water (put on rubber gloves)
- Soak a cloth in the solution and dab the stain to remove it.
- Rinse and put the garment in the washing machine to complete the cleaning.
4. Lemon juice to remove a carrot stain from clothing
Another home remedy for carrot stains is to loosen them with lemon juice!
Lemon juice is particularly effective in naturally staining white clothes and light linens.
Here is how to detach the light linen:
- Pour a little lemon juice on the carrot stain and leave for 1 minute.
- Dab the stain with a clean cloth to work the lemon juice into the fabric.
- Machine wash the white garment following the washing instructions.
This lemon juice trick also helps clean dandelion and grass stains. Come read this other article to discover other tips: How to remove dandelion stains from clothing?
5. Ammonia on a carrot stain
For a stubborn carrot stain on clothing, tablecloths or other fabrics, ammonia can save your life!
- Dilute a little ammonia with water and soak the carrot stain.
- Dab the stain with a clean cloth, rinse and finish in the washing machine.
If the stain still resists then try to remove it but this time with pure ammonia, without diluting it with water.
Replace ammonia with hydrogen peroxide:
Hydrogen peroxide is also effective in removing carrot stains. Follow the same cleaning steps as for ammonia.
6. Tips and tricks for removing a carrot stain
Here are some other handy tips and tricks for properly cleaning and removing that nasty carrot stain from laundry:
- Never use hot water to clean carrot stains (and other food stains on laundry).
- Always remove excess stain (eg small pieces of carrot puree) with a kitchen utensil.
- Always dab a stain on a garment rather than rubbing because otherwise you risk ending up with an even more encrusted stain that is difficult to clean.
- Always rinse and clean the carrot stain before putting in the washing machine.
Now that you know how to clean carrot stains why not read on with beets: Remove a spot of beets.