How to remove a discoloration stain from a garment?
A spot of discoloration or coloring on linen and particularly on a white garment can happen and unfortunately, it is difficult to clean or rather to recover!
A moment of inattention and oops we are mixing white with bright colors! Here are some tips and tricks to successfully remove those discoloration stains from clothes!
1. Remove a stain of discoloration with soda crystals
If you have accidentally mixed a white garment with a new colored garment then soda crystals can be useful.
Here’s how to remove this bleed from the garment:
- Fill a basin with hot water (or the kitchen sink) and add 4 tablespoons of soda crystals.
- Soak discolored laundry in the tub for at least 24 hours.
- Then rinse the garment with water and finish machine cleaning.
This trick of soda crystals is especially effective to remove discoloration stains from white laundry.
2. A stain of discoloration on a colored garment
If after cleaning a colored garment, you notice a stain of discoloration, white vinegar is a good ally, as are soda crystals.
Here’s how to perform this cleaning trick:
- Fill a basin with cold water and add 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- Soak the colored garment in the basin for 24 to 48 hours.
- Then rinse the garment and complete the normal cycle in the washing machine.
You can also replace the white vinegar with 6-7 tablespoons of soda crystals to loosen the faded garment.
3. Clean discolored clothing with baking soda
For spots of discoloration in specific places on a garment, baking soda is a great thing to try.
Just follow these few steps to remove those discoloration spots:
- Lightly dampen the stains with warm water and sprinkle with baking soda.
- Use a cloth or a soft brush, also moisten with hot water and gently rub the stain.
- Rinse the garment insisting on the stains to make sure they have disappeared.
If you are rather looking for tips and tricks to remove a colored stain on a garment or linen then I offer you some of them below!
For each of the products below, the method is the same: gently dab the colored stain with the product, rub gently if necessary and rinse the garment to finish.
Here are some products to test on a colored stain:
- Alcohol at 70°
- hydrogen peroxide
- lemon juice
- white spirit
- white vinegar
Please note, it is best to always test the product on an inconspicuous surface to be sure not to discolor or damage the fabric of the garment.
How to revive black clothes?
If you are instead looking for tips for black laundry then this other article offers you several tips and tricks to revive the black of clothes!