How to remove bags under the eyes naturally?
Having bags under the eyes is really not pleasant! We look tired, depressed, exhausted… Let’s just say that these lines under the eyes don’t make us look good.
Fatigue, stress, alcohol abuse, many are the causes of these puffy and swollen eyes. 10-Trucs therefore presents 10 tips for removing bags under the eyes.
1. Don’t confuse bags under the eyes with dark circles
Some people mistakenly think that puffiness and dark circles are the same thing. Although some causes are common to both in appearance it is completely different.
- Dark circles are characterized by a coloration, a bluish or even purple appearance. It is actually a skin color under and around the eyes.
- Pockets as for them, they are characterized by a swelling formed by fatty deposits under the eyes.
In this article it will mainly be about tips, products and practical advice to try to remove or at least reduce bags under the eyes.
If you rather have a problem with dark circles then come and read this other article on this subject: Tip against dark circles.
2. Cucumber under the eyes morning and evening
Cucumber has been a very popular natural remedy for bags under the eyes and has been for decades.
Cucumber helps hydrate, loosen, and even decongest inflamed tissue under the eyes.
Here’s how to use cucumber slices for puffiness:
- Always use a fresh, cold cucumber.
- Slice two slices of cucumbers.
- Place the cucumber slices on your eyes for 20 minutes.
- Repeat this trick morning and evening for 5 days.
3. Potato to deflate bags under the eyes
As with the trick of the slice of cucumber, the potato can also help deflate puffiness and reduce the lines of fatigue around the eyes.
Here’s how to do this trick:
- Cut potato slices and place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool.
- Place a puck on each of your eyes and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes.
Potato slices are both effective against puffiness (thanks to the cold) and dark circles (thanks to the anti-inflammatory property of the potato).
4. Watch your salt intake!
Did you know that salt can promote the appearance of bags under the eyes and puffiness in the eyes?
Indeed, if you notice a slight swelling in your eyes, this may be due to water retention. Salt is often the cause of this water retention in the eyes.
So to avoid having bags under the eyes you must avoid eating foods that are too salty.
Better to cook good homemade meals with ingredients that you choose than to eat industrial products or worse, fast food.
To drink a lot of water!
It is also important to drink plenty of water! Water will help keep you hydrated and help tone tissues in the face and body.
5. Chamomile against puffiness
Chamomile to remove bags under the eyes? And yes, it may sound weird but chamomile would help reduce bags under the eyes.
Here’s how to succeed with this natural anti-puffiness trick:
- Infuse two sachets of chamomile before bedtime.
- Leave the chamomile sachets in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, place the sachets for a few minutes under your eyes.
If you don’t have chamomile, you can also use green tea bags which are also very effective in eliminating bags under the eyes quickly.
6. Cold to eliminate bags under the eyes
As you have already discovered in the previous tips and tricks, the cold plays a big role in removing and deflating bags under the eyes.
Indeed, the cold makes it possible to tighten the skin and reduce the effect of swollen, puffy and tired eyes.
Here’s a simple trick you can do at home:
- Take two ice cubes and place them in a soft, dry towel.
- Place the towel under your eyes. Never place ice cubes directly on the skin.
- Leave on for 5 minutes to deflate puffiness.
- Repeat morning and evening for a few days.
You can also place a magic bag in the freezer for a few minutes and do the same process for a few minutes.
7. A little milk for your eyes
Another trick to remove or rather to help deflate bags under the eyes is to use milk.
Here’s what you can do:
- Use milk (preferably skimmed) and 2 cotton swabs.
- Soak the 2 cotton balls in the milk and sponge under the eyes to reduce dark circles and puffiness.
- Repeat the remedy morning and evening for a few days for better results.
8. Massage the skin under the eyes
The simple act of gently massaging and stretching the skin around the eyes can be a good trick to diminish the appearance of bags under the eyes.
Here is a quick and easy eye massage:
- Lightly pat the skin under your eyes with your fingertips.
- Then gently massage the underside of the eyes starting from the inside to the outside.
- Finish with the trick of cucumber slices on the eyes to optimize the results.
This trick is excellent for circulating your blood and therefore reducing the effect of bags under the eyes.
Gently stretch the skin under the eyes:
You can also gently, very gently pull the skin under the eyes downwards and hold this position for a few seconds. Your skin will look looser afterwards, so puffiness should be less noticeable.
Be careful though because the skin under the eyes can be more fragile in some people so do not exaggerate with these finger movements.
Instead, prefer the eye contour massage which is much softer as a method.
9. Getting enough sleep is important!
Puffiness, dark circles, puffy eyes, tired and sunken eyes… Who is the main culprit? Lack of sleep!
It is important to sleep a minimum of 8 hours a night for this to be truly effective and restorative. Below this number of hours of sleep, you risk seeing signs of fatigue appear on your face and under your eyes after a few nights.
So if you no longer want to have dark circles and bags under your eyes, treat yourself to long and beautiful nights of sleep.
10. An anti-puffiness product for the eyes
Finally, if you prefer to use a real product and care for the eye area then we offer you one below.
It is a gel and a treatment specially designed for the eye area and which acts effectively against puffiness. based on Aloe Vera this gel will bring a lot of hydration to the contours of your eyes thus helping against puffiness and tired eyes.
- For a lively and sparkling look.
- Deeply hydrates the eye contour.
- For all skin types