How to make dull, dull floor tiles shine? Having both clean and shiny tiles is always something you want to have! Don’t tell me about dull, lackluster tiles! To enhance the beauty of a house, the shine of the tiles is undoubtedly a good asset.
If you want your tiles to be as shiny as they were at the beginning, here is for you 10 tips and products to make the tiles shine.
1. Pierre d’Argent: a product to make the tiles shine
Have you ever heard of the Silver Stone or the clay stone? It is a natural and ecological product based on white clay which allows to clean and shine the tiles but also a multitude of other materials and accessories in the house.
For example, you can use Pierre d’Argent to wash and shine a sink, a kitchen hood, a ceramic hob, shoes, PVC garden furniture and much more. Another advantage of Pierre d’Argent is that in addition to cleaning surfaces, it protects them.
10-trucs.com offers below a clay stone at the best price:
- Natural product based on clay.
- Product to clean and shine everything in the house.
- 500 gr pot of clay stone with sponge
2. Shine the tiles with vinegar
Did you know that vinegar can be an excellent household product to clean and shine everything in the house? So here’s how to use vinegar to shine a tile:
- Fill a bucket with hot water.
- Add 1 to 2 cups of vinegar depending on the amount of water.
- Wash the tiles with this homemade cleaning recipe.
- Finish with a cleanse with water to remove some of the vinegar smell.
In addition to making the tiles shine, this grandmother’s recipe for water and white vinegar will eliminate bad odors present on the floor.
Vinegar is a great tip for ceramics but many other tips and natural products can be found here: Best product for washing ceramics.
3. Have shiny tiles with black soap
If your tile has grease stains, scrub it with a good stiff brush instead. And to properly clean and shine the tiles, wash them with hot water and black soap. The black soap is an ecological product and perfect to shine and degrease the tiles in the house.
It is one of the top 100% natural cleaning products for cleaning everything around the house.
Black soap can also be useful in concentrated mode to remove the most stubborn stains in the kitchen and bathroom.
For those who want to save money and have a natural and effective product to clean everything in the house, 10-Trucs offers you this liquid black soap at the best price:
Liquid black soap
- Stain remover, degreaser and nourisher.
- Ideal for tiles, toilets, kitchens and even laundry.
- TOP quality price.
4. Shine dull tiles with lemon juice
How to make a matte and dull tile shine quickly? Have lemon juice of course! Here’s how to do this cleaning trick:
- Fill a bucket with hot water.
- Add a cup of lemon juice.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ammonia, optional.
- Wash the tiles with a sponge.
- Finish by rinsing the tiles with lukewarm water.
This homemade recipe is ideal for making old, dull, dirty tiles shine quickly and naturally.
Did you know that lemon juice can also remove lime stains? Here is another article worth reading: How to remove limescale from tiles?
5. Linseed oil for matte tiles
Does your tiling consist of terracotta tiles or very porous tiles? Well, linseed oil is a very effective natural product for restoring shine to this type of tiling and porous floor.
Maybe you don’t know this trick, but linseed oil is ideal for making matte and dull tiles shine. A simple cleaning tip that consists of:
- Wash the tiles with soapy water to start.
- Soak a sponge in linseed oil. (you can also use a brush or a cloth)
- Spread well on the tiles and let the linseed oil dry.
To give your tiles a beautiful shine, you can apply 2 or 3 coats of linseed oil over the entire surface.
For porous tiles or terracotta tiles here is a boiled linseed oil. This product is ideal for restoring luster and shine to tiles.
- Premium boiled linseed oil.
- Super sealer for terracotta floors and other porous surfaces.
- TOP quality price.
You can also simply buy the slightly higher Black Soap which is precisely based on linseed oil and therefore ideal for shining and cleaning terracotta tiles and other types of tiles.
For those who want to find out more about this product, read our article: What to do with flaxseed oil .
6. Window cleaner to make your tiles shine
Another product that can be found at home and which can make dull and dull tiles shine is the window cleaner. Convenient to shine the windows of the house and the car the window cleaning product is also a good trick to make the tiles shine in the House.
Simply add a little liquid window cleaner to your hot water and wash the tile. The floor or wall tiles will become very shiny thanks to this trick.
Don’t forget to rinse well at the end with water to remove all traces of window cleaner. A quick and easy trick to restore shine to your tiles.
7. Milk to make your tiles shine
It may seem strange but milk can be used to shine a tile… Yes yes! If your tiles are colored other than white, you can clean and shine them with milk. Here’s what to do:
- Spread a trickle of milk on the tiles.
- Let the milk dry directly on the tiles.
- Then rinse with lukewarm water to remove all the dried milk.
- Take a dry cloth and make circular movements to polish and shine the surface.
8. Matte Tile Wax
A quick and effective way to make matt, dull tiles shine is, of course, to purchase and apply a wax to the entire surface. Starwax offers quality home care products and this tile wax is no exception!
Simply apply the wax to all the tiles using a microfiber mop or even using a wax polisher. We offer you a slightly lower model of such a machine.
So if you are looking for a quality product to wax matt tiles, here is one very popular with users:
9. The polisher, practical and quick to wax
To save a lot of time, why not buy a real polisher? The polisher is ideal for waxing and polishing parquet floors but also for tiling.
10 Tips offers you below a model of handy, light and very easy to use polisher to polish the entire surface. Thanks to its circular reinforcement you will not damage the walls and the furniture around you during this household task.
If you are unable to whiten tile joints, this article should please you: How to clean tile joints?