How to get bigger?
Need to gain weight? Most people want to lose weight, but for some, the opposite is desired. Indeed, people who are very thin or skinny often wish to gain weight or muscle to improve their physical appearance. In addition, being too thin can have harmful effects on our health, just as much as being overweight.
Some of us have a metabolism that makes gaining weight very difficult. However, there are tips for gaining weight that won’t put your health at risk. Here are our tips and tricks for gaining weight while staying in shape.
Tips and tricks for gaining weight
1. What causes thinness?
Besides genetics and malnutrition, several medical conditions can lead to unhealthy weight loss, including:
- Eating disorders: This includes anorexia nervosa, a serious mental disorder.
- Thyroid problems: An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) can boost metabolism and lead to unhealthy weight loss.
- Celiac disease: The most serious form of gluten intolerance. Most people with celiac disease are unaware that they have it (10).
- Diabetes: uncontrolled diabetes (mainly type 1) can lead to significant weight loss.
- Cancer: Cancerous tumors often burn large amounts of calories and can cause someone to lose a lot of weight.
- infections: Certain infections can lead to severe underweight in some people. This includes parasites, tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS.
If you are underweight, you may want to see a doctor to rule out any serious medical issues. This is especially important if you’ve recently started losing a lot of weight without even trying.
2. Eat well to gain weight
As with those who want to lose weight, people who want to gain weight must first improve their diet. This advice is particularly important if you want to gain weight while staying healthy!
Choose good quality fresh foods, eliminate bad fats, and avoid sugary foods.
3. The trick to gaining weight? Increase the calories!
The most important thing you can do to gain weight is to create a calorie surplus, which means you eat more calories than your body needs.
If you want to gain weight slowly, aim for 300-500 calories more than you burn each day.
If, on the other hand, you need to gain weight quickly, aim for about 700 to 1,000 calories above your daily needs.
In order to achieve this, consume more quality protein, fibre, carbohydrates or natural sugars. This will help you gain weight. Wondering what to eat to gain weight? Opt for these basic foods, among others:
- Whole grain cereal products
- Legumes that are high in protein and fiber
- Lean meats and fatty fish including salmon
- Dairy products with about 2% fat.
4. Stimulate your appetite to gain weight
A simple but yet essential advice to gain weight is to stimulate your appetite! So to stimulate your appetite, it is important to make yourself hungry with tasty little things.
You can concoct special recipes, add color and beauty to your dishes, decorate your table or eat outside, for example. The important thing is to like what you eat, and where you eat.
And why not cook in good company? This is often the best trick to stimulate your appetite.
5. Eat snacks to gain weight
Eating several snacks during the day increases the number of calories absorbed, while helping you maintain your energy level. Combining meals and snacks will therefore be beneficial to grow and gain weight in a short time.
Choose nutritious snacks that are high in protein and fiber:
- Nuts, including almonds
- Seeds, such as hemp, sunflower, etc.
- Dried fruits
- Cheese and crackers
- hummus (hummus) and pita bread
6. Add good fats to your meals to gain weight
One trick to gaining weight quickly is to add good fats to your diet. Feel free to add olive oil or coconut oil to your favorite recipes.
Even butter, used in moderation, can be part of your weight-loss diet.
7. Supplements for gaining weight
If you find it difficult to consume more protein, protein powder supplements may be the answer. ideal remedy for gaining weight. Get advice from a nutrition specialist to choose the best supplement for your needs.
Additionally, you can consume products such as Boost or Ensure. This will also give you energy in addition to the calories you need to gain weight.
8. Train to get bigger
It is not enough to gain weight, you must also increase your muscle mass to gain weight. It may be worth meeting with a personal trainer who will work with you to work out a physical training plan that will allow you to improve your muscle mass and therefore help you gain weight.
With good physical training, your body will also need more energy, which you will supply with your diet. This is the perfect recipe for gaining weight!
9. Avoid low-fat or diet products
If you must gain weight, avoid low-fat products, especially dairy products. Opt instead for the full-fat versions, which are often more nutritious and filling.
10. Little tricks to gain weight
In addition to our tips for gaining weight, here are some tips and tricks that will help you reach your ideal weight:
- Do not drink before meals as this fills your stomach and decreases your appetite and therefore the amount of calories you ingest.
- Use large plates if you’re trying to consume more calories, because smaller plates automatically make people eat less.
- Add cream to your coffee instead of milk. It’s a simple way to add more calories to your diet.
- Sleep better. Sleeping properly is very important for muscle growth.
- If you have a mix of foods on your plate, eat the high-calorie, high-protein foods first.
Trick to gain weight, you may also like:
10 foods to avoid if you don’t want to gain weight.
10 tips and remedies to deflate the belly quickly.