How to have a good smell in the toilet?
Tips for toilets that always smell good! What could be more unpleasant than a toilet that smells bad, very bad? Whether they are natural odors or odors caused by humidity, they must be eliminated in order to be able to take full advantage of this room which is one of the most used in the house.
10 Tips therefore offers you the top of the best tips to put an end to smelly toilets.
1. An air purifier for a toilet that smells good
Thanks to this device, you will be able to remove bad odors from the toilet in addition to those caused by humidity, cigarette smoke and many others. The air purifier filters the ambient air and destroys the germs and bacteria that are the source of bad odors in the house.
Most of the models available are easy to use and maintain. There are high-end models for a whole house but also smaller models. If you really want to eradicate the bad smells and bacteria responsible for these bad smells, it is better to invest in a high-performance model.
10 Tips offers you the Intense Pure Air air purifier from Rowenta. This model can be installed anywhere in the house whether in the bathroom, kitchen or living room. Take the time to read the many opinions and comments on this model, you will quickly understand why we love it too!
Air purifier, Rowenta
- TOP purifier with 4 filtration levels
- Removes up to 99.99% of airborne allergens
- Ideal for eliminating bad odors
2. A moisture absorber for
If your bathroom is not well equipped to remove humidity, unpleasant odors will develop there. Then you should opt for a moisture absorber. This device works thanks to a block of granules of active agents, which absorbs ambient humidity and thus controls the proliferation of bad odors. The humidity absorber is an ecological choice and moreover, it does not consume electricity.
If you are looking for a small model of humidity absorber to place in the bathroom, here is one that the 10-Tips team has tested and that works well. Sure, it’s not as effective as a dehumidifier, but it’s a good, low-cost alternative to a smelly toilet problem.
Moisture absorber, Wenko
- Ideal for controlling humidity in washrooms
- Effectively eliminates bad odors
- Prevents the formation of mold
3. Toiletries that smell good
You will find a whole range of deodorizing products for the home and toilets on the market, some more effective than others.
- Devices containing essential oils to be plugged into an electrical outlet
- Dispensers that are attached to the bowl
- scented candles
- essential oil diffusers
- Commercial medleys.
As you can see, the choice is virtually endless. Plus, each of these products comes in a wide range of scents. As there is something for all tastes and all budgets, all you have to do is choose your favorite home fragrance for your toilet.
4. Strike a match against toilet odors
Have you ever heard of the match trick against bad smells? It’s a simple trick that can be very effective against bad toilet odors.
Indeed, in order to quickly eliminate odors following your visit to the toilet: strike a match! Let it smolder a bit, then throw it in the toilet. Burning sulfur will magically eliminate bad odors. Make sure you always leave matches near the toilet, your guests will appreciate them too.
5. Baking soda to absorb toilet odors
The absorbency of baking soda will be especially useful in the toilet. In fact, all you have to do is leave a saucer or a small bowl filled with baking soda on the vanity counter and the odors will disappear as if by magic.
But the great thing about baking soda is that you can use it plus a ton of home and garden tips and tricks. So what are you waiting for to buy baking soda? 10 Tips offers them here at a low price:
Moisture absorber, Wenko
- Ideal product for cleaning and deodorizing everything
- Ideal for daily home maintenance
- TOP quality price
Does your toilet regularly smell of urine like you’re at a gas station? Use this recipe to effectively remove that unpleasant toilet scent:
- Fresh lemon juice
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
How to do:
- Make a paste with lemon juice and baking soda
- Apply the paste with a cloth around the base of the toilet and over the entire surface of the bowl
- Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes
- Using a spray bottle, spritz pure white vinegar wherever you applied the paste
- Wait for the fizzing to stop, then wipe with a clean cloth
If you are instead looking for a way to disinfect the toilet bowl then these tips and tricks should interest you: How to disinfect the toilet?
7. Eliminate bathroom odors with white vinegar
Take advantage of the antibacterial and deodorizing properties of white vinegar to properly clean toilets and eliminate unwanted bathroom odors. Here’s how to do this cleaning trick:
- Soak a cloth in pure white vinegar and rub the entire surface of the bowl, not forgetting the gaps and joints.
- Then pour 130 milliliters of vinegar into the toilet tank.
- Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes and flush the toilet a few times to finish cleaning the toilet.
White vinegar is a natural product that we should all use to clean and eliminate bad odors in a home.
8. Deodorize the toilet with lemon juice
Another homemade recipe to make to eliminate odors in the toilet is as follows:
- Heat half a cup of fresh lemon juice
- Then add 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- Pour everything into the bowl, and leave to act for 15 minutes.
- Then, add hot water to the bowl, and activate the flush to rinse.
In addition to deodorizing, lemon juice will remove stains from the toilet bowl. A super simple trick to do but very effective against bad toilet odors.
9. Perfume the toilet naturally
Commercial air fresheners are mostly filled with environmentally harmful chemicals and their heady scent is not to everyone’s taste. Fortunately, there are homemade recipes for creating a natural air freshener that will get rid of bad odors in the toilet.
Here are a few to help you have a toilet that always smells good:
- Air freshener with baking soda and essential oil: In a pretty glass jar, pour baking soda to which you have added a few drops of the essential oil of your choice. Close the pot with a square of tulle and a ribbon. In addition to being decorative, this air freshener will pleasantly scent your bathroom.
- A homemade spray: In a spray bottle, combine 30 milliliters of denatured alcohol or vodka, 60 drops of lemon essential oil, 40 drops of bergamot, 20 drops of Petit grain Bigarade and 8 drops of Melaleuca. Shake well and spray.
- Homemade potpourri recipe: Dry in the oven, at 140° Celsius, a mixture of citrus peel, spices including star anise and cinnamon, eucalyptus leaves or other fresh produce with a pleasant scent. Arrange everything in a nice bowl in your bathroom.
- A homemade scented candle: Make your own scented candles by adding a few drops of the essential oil of your choice to the melted wax. You can easily find the steps needed to make candles on the web.
- essential oil diffuser: Get yourself a candle-operated essential oil diffuser, and choose your favorite oil. Lavender essential oil is among the most popular. Not only will it perfume your toilets, it will bring you a feeling of calm and serenity when you go to the bathroom.