How to use green tea on hair? Are you like me and love testing grandma’s recipes and remedies on your hair?
Here are some tips and hair benefits to do with green tea. Easy and practical recipes to try!
1. Shine hair with green tea
Did you know that rinsing your hair with a little green tea can make your hair extra shiny?
Here’s how to use the rinse in the shower:
- Brew green tea in 4 cups of hot water and let cool.
- Rinse hair with lukewarm or cold water and do a final rinse with green tea.
Rinsing with cold water makes hair shine and rinsing with green tea helps strengthen hair.
2. Green tea as anti-dandruff
If you are looking for a natural trick to control and prevent the formation of dandruff in the hair then green tea may be the answer!
Here’s how to do this dandruff treatment:
- Add 3 tablespoons of green tea to 1 1/2 boiling water.
- Add some lemon zest to the solution and mix well.
- Leave to cool and apply to hair and scalp.
- Massage into scalp and hair for 2 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
In addition to being a good anti-dandruff remedy, green tea will promote hair growth.
3. Shampoo with green tea
Another green tea hair hack is to make your own homemade shampoo.
Here is the recipe for this homemade shampoo:
- Steep 2 or 3 green tea bags in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Remove the sachets, let cool and add 1 cup of liquid castile soap.
- Mix well before first use on hair.
This green tea shampoo will benefit both hair and scalp.
4. Grow hair with green tea
Green tea is a natural ingredient that can be used in making a special hair growth mask!
Here’s how to make this hair mask:
- Add and mix 3 tablespoons of powdered green tea with 1 beaten egg.
- Apply the egg and green tea mixture to the strands of hair (from root to tip).
- Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Finish with a shampoo and a final rinse with cold water.
5. Green tea against dry and damaged hair
Now how about concocting a green tea-based treatment that will deeply moisturize your hair?
So if you have dry hair here is how to do this moisturizer:
- Infuse about 5g of green tea in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of organic honey and coconut oil.
- Mix well and let cool before use.
- Apply all over the hair and massage the head well.
- Leave on hair for 30 minutes, rinse and finish with shampoo.
This moisturizer with green tea, honey and coconut oil is particularly effective on dry and fragile hair.