How to use Blanc de Meudon?
Blanc de Meudon can be used for certain housework. Indeed, it can be used to shine certain metal surfaces including stainless steel and silverware, glass and ceramic glass. In addition, Blanc de Meudon is an ecological, biodegradable and non-toxic product.
Still don’t know what to do and how to use it at home? Here are some tips, tricks and recipes to make with Blanc de Meudon.
Things to do with Blanc de Meudon:
1. What is Blanc de Meudon exactly?
Blanc de Meudon is a material composed of clay and calcium carbonate that is extracted from a quarry in Meudon, France.
It has been used for ages in the visual arts, including in painting as the base for gesso and in printmaking to remove greasy inks. But it can also be used for some housework at home as you will discover in the tips presented below.
2. Where to find white Meudon?
Blanc de Meudon can of course be bought on the internet, but most organic stores and grocery stores carry this natural product, all you have to do is ask for it. It can also be found in decoration shops specializing in paint as well as at certain suppliers of plastic arts materials.
10 Trucs offers you here 1 kg of Blanc de meudon at the best price for super fast delivery:
White Meudon 1.5kg
- Effectively cleans and shines
- Does not scratch surfaces (stainless steel, copper, glass, etc.)
- Removes greasy stains
3. Blanc de Meudon to clean a sink
To revive the shine of your kitchen sink, simply mix a little water with Blanc de Meudon to make a paste, which will then be used to scrub all the surfaces of the sink before rinsing.
To make your own scouring cream that you can then use to clean sinks, sinks, bathtubs and more, follow this simple cleaning recipe:
- In a hermetically sealed jar, pour Meudon white wine up to half of the jar.
- Then, and while stirring, gradually pour in enough liquid black soap to make a paste.
This natural cleaner based on blanc de meudon and liquid black soap is particularly effective in removing traces of limescale in the sink and on the fittings.
4. Clean the tile joints with Meudon white
Whether in the bathroom, the kitchen or the floors, the joints of the tiles need to be maintained regularly in order to maintain their whiteness. To do this:
- Mix 100 grams of white Meudon and 4 tablespoons of water.
- This paste is then applied directly to the joints, and left to act for one hour.
- Then just scrub the joints with an old toothbrush and rinse.
To whiten tile joints, this homemade recipe based on Blanc de Meudon is really very effective. So are you going to test?
To clean and shine the mirrors in your home, mix:
- 200 grams of white Meudon
- ½ cup Marseille soap flakes
- 1 cup hot water.
Using a soft cloth on which you have applied this cleaner, rub your mirror well. Finally, you could then polish it with a chamois.
6. Blanc de Meudon for washing windows
Here is a recipe for glass cleaner based on Blanc de Meudon:
- 300 milliliters of water
- 20 grams of Marseille soap flakes
- 250 grams of white Meudon
Bring the water to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat. Add the soap and the Blanc de Meudon, and mix until homogeneous. To clean the windows, dab a sponge or soft cloth in this mixture and rub your windows.
7. Clean a ceramic hob with Blanc de Meudon
If your glass-ceramic hob is very dirty, Blanc de Meudon is a product that can make cleaning easier for you. Here’s how to make this homemade cleanser:
- Make a paste with 2 teaspoons of Blanc de Meudon and 1 teaspoon of water.
- Apply this paste on the plate, and rub gently with a non-abrasive sponge and rinse.
In the end, a beautiful ceramic hob that will shine as if it were new!
8. Blanc de Meudon to clean marble
In order to revive and clean your marble worktop, make a paste with 100 grams of Blanc de Meudon and 4 tablespoons of water. Using a sponge or soft cloth, gently rub the marble surface. Rinse with lukewarm water and dry with a clean, soft cloth.
To clean and polish silverware, dilute 2 tablespoons of Blanc de Meudon in a little water. Then, using newspaper balls, gently rub the piece of silverware. Alternatively, add a few pinches of Blanc de Meudon to rubbing alcohol and rub the silverware with a soft cloth.
10. Brush your teeth with Meudon white
Gentler on tooth enamel than baking soda or white clay, Blanc de Meudon can be used in a homemade toothpaste recipe:
- 3 tablespoons of white Meudon
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 drop of Melaleuca essential oil
- 3 drops of mint essential oil
Mix the ingredients well to obtain a homogeneous paste. Store at room temperature in an airtight jar.
10. Use of Meudon white in paint
Meudon white has been used in paint for ages! Indeed, it enters into the composition of gesso, this primer that is applied to a canvas before painting. It can also be used to opacify and mattify an acrylic paint, to give it a »chalk paint » effect. But be careful, the white of Meudon could fade the color of the paint. If you want intense color, choose a color a shade or two darker.
To paint wooden beams, or even plaster walls, you could try this traditional white wash recipe from Meudon: in a bucket, pour 500 g of wallpaper glue powder into 8 liters of water. Mix well. In another bucket or container, mix 5 kilograms of Blanc de Meudon with 3 liters of water. Pour the mixture of water and white Meudon into the glue. Mix well with a stick or with a suitable whisk on your electric drill.
11. Buy Blanc de Meudon
Now that you know all the possible uses of Blanc de meudon, you can buy it here at the best price:
- Cleans without scratching surfaces
- Stainless steel, glass, brass, copper, silverware
- Ideal against greasy stains
Now that you know what to do with blanc de meudon, come and discover the possible uses with bicarbonate: Tips and tricks to make with baking soda.