How to relieve wisdom teeth? Do you have a lot of pain in the back of your mouth? It may be your wisdom teeth that are causing you this inconvenience. Wisdom teeth can sometimes cause pain and discomfort. This is why many will decide to have their four wisdom teeth removed.
But if you prefer to avoid this type of intervention, you can of course use some small tricks that will help reduce your pain. Here are the tips and tricks from 10-trucs.com to relieve wisdom teeth.
1. Relieve growing wisdom teeth with gum
If your gums hurt because your wisdom teeth are coming in, chewing gum can help ease the pain quickly.
Indeed, the simple fact of chewing gum will gently massage the painful area around the wisdom teeth. Of course, choose a sugar-free chewing gum for avoid getting cavities!
2. Apply an anesthetic gel to the wisdom tooth
Orajel™ type anesthetic gels aren’t just for teething babies! They can relieve wisdom toothaches too.
Sold in pharmacies, these gels will freeze the sore part. Simply apply the gel directly where it hurts to quickly soothe wisdom tooth pain.
3. Gargle your mouth with salt water
Do you notice that the area around your wisdom teeth is reddened? There may be an infection starting.
Salt water is very good at fighting bacteria in the mouth that can cause illness and infection.
- This relief with salt water: To do this, dilute salt in lukewarm water and gargle with this solution for 1 to 2 minutes. This is a great home recipe for wisdom tooth pain relief..
- Calm the pain with baking soda: You could also make a mouthwash with baking soda, diluting 1 teaspoon of baking soda in 1 cup of warm water.
- Feel Better with Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is another good solution to cure a toothache: dilute 1 teaspoon of pure and organic cider vinegar in a glass of water, and rinse your mouth with this mixture.
4. Anti-inflammatories to relieve wisdom teeth
If wisdom tooth pain is nearly unbearable, take ibuprofen. This painkiller is also a good anti-inflammatory and it will quickly calm the pain due to wisdom teeth and other dental ailments.
However, do not hesitate to consult a health professional to permanently resolve your toothache, if it is persistent.
5. Calm wisdom tooth pain with cloves
Clove has properties:
Infuse a few cloves in very hot water, and gargle your mouth several times a day with this water.
You can also apply a whole clove close to the painful area. This grandmother’s remedy is very effective in relieving wisdom tooth pain.
6. Homemade recipe for wisdom tooth pain
Are you looking for a natural remedy to relieve wisdom tooth pain? Here is one that will help you calm the pain quickly:
- Simply mix a little powdered ginger with cayenne pepper.
- Add a little water to the mixture to form a sort of paste.
- Soak a cotton ball in this mixture and apply it to your wisdom tooth.
Of course, this grandmother’s remedy helps to relieve and calm the pain, but if the pain persists, it is better to consult a health professional as soon as possible.
7. An infusion of myrrh for wisdom teeth
Myrrh has anti-inflammatory properties and will be helpful to soothe wisdom tooth pain. To do this:
- Drop a little myrrh powder into a cup of hot water and steep for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and dilute in water and then gargle your mouth several times a day with this solution.
8. Peppermint to soothe wisdom tooth pain
In addition to relieving stomach discomfort, peppermint can help numb the pain of your wisdom teeth.
- Infuse a few dried peppermint leaves in a cup of hot water.
- Wait 20 minutes and let cool.
- Then gargle your mouth with this infusion.
9. Hydrogen peroxide to treat wisdom teeth
To reduce bacteria that cause pain, dilute one part 3% hydrogen peroxide to 10 parts water, rinse your mouth with this solution and spit it out.
Avoid using undiluted hydrogen peroxide, and above all, do not swallow it… EVER!
In addition to treating the beginning of an infection in your wisdom teeth, this trick will help whiten your teeth.
10. Apply Ice to Soothe Wisdom Teeth Pain
To numb the pain, you can place an ice cube in a small bag or sterile gauze, and place it directly on your wisdom tooth.
If you find the application of ice directly on the tooth too intense, roll up a few ice cubes in a towel, affix it to the cheek.
Be careful, if the pain is overwhelming and you notice swelling in the face, it could be the start of an abscess and you will have to consult a dentist quickly before it gets worse.
11. Get your wisdom teeth removed
It’s a radical solution, but still the most effective way to put an end to wisdom teeth that grow and hurt!
If your wisdom teeth don’t have the space to erupt completely from your gums, or if they cause you pain on a regular basis, this is often the best option.
If you’re not sure how to relieve wisdom tooth pain, talk to your dentist. He will be able to advise you on what to do next. And keep this list of tricks, some of them will come in handy after the extraction of your wisdom teeth!
If you are also looking for tips to take care of your teeth, I suggest this other article: How to protect your teeth naturally?